New TVE3 plugin: AVM FritzBox / WLAN Repeater DVB-C channel scan helper (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A short note about the above problem:
    It was not caused by missing redistributables, but a networking issue. IPv6 was enabled and the used filters for streaming didn't work with it correctly. After disabling IPv6 on network interface, a channel scan was succesful.

M'o

February 29, 2020
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @morpheus_xx,
    Hi together,

after many of years with the Windows Media Center I will change to Media Portal. So I have installed MP and I found also this thread. This plugin realise a feature, which doesnt exist in WMC. So I tried this also.

My specs are MP2.23, Plugin V0.41 and Fritzbox 6490 OS 7.12. In my configuration the plugin can find 0 channels.
    An hint here to disable IPV6 doesnt solves this problem.

So I would like to ask, if anyone has tested the same configuration as mine. Additional, the Fritzbox m3u-File imported to VLC Media Player is working fine. So I think, there is no a network problem.

Any other ideas? Thanks so much.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @M'o ,

I had FritzOS 7.02 on my FritzBox 6490 until today, now I updated to 7.12. My FritzRepeater is still on 7.02.

But I don't use the plugin from this thread anymore, because I use the "TVE 3.5" now, which does have native support for Sat>IP tuners. This has the main advantage that I can address all 6 tuners in my network. There are some known issues, but they can be worked around.

If you like, you can try TVE3.5 as well, but you need to remove the SlimTv.Service3 plugin.

Or if you want to stay with my plugin, please also try the older version, because in latest one I made some changes to the urls which could make scan fail in some cases.

Add logfiles after you tried, I will take a look.

M'o

February 29, 2020
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @morpheus_xx ,

thanks for your answer. I tried now TVE 3.5 and it find channels. That is fine.
    But not all channels. An example is VOXup, which I can stream by VLC. Is it possible to add a channel manually?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried now TVE 3.5 and it find channels. That is fine
    Nice (y)

Is it possible to add a channel manually?
    TVE3(.5) needs many details to tune a channel, frequency and modulation are available. But further information like PmtPid, ServiceId a.s.o. (can be seen inside TV configuration, edit tuning details) are not so easy to get. They are usually retrieved during scan, but if they are not found I don't know where else to get this information from.

You could try to scan again, but only this single transponder (frequency+modulation). Maybe it helps.

Andreas Schneider

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo,
    i do not find any FritzBox chanels with the AVM Tuner Helper. In the Logfile "MPIPTVSource.log" I find this error entry: unsupported protocol 'rtsp'.

My System:
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1909
    Build 18363.1110

Mediaportal 1.26 Pre Release

AVM Helper 0.41 and also testet with 0.4 and 0.3

IP V6 is off

Two weeks ago my system crashed and I had to reinstall Windows and Mediaportal. With the old Installation AVM Helper worked. But I don't know which MP Version I had installed.

Attachments

• MPIPTVSource.log
      1.7 MB
    • SetupTv.log
      1.5 KB
    • TsWriter.log
      99.9 KB
    • TVService.log
      257.7 KB
    • TVService-Error.log
      39.6 KB

HSishi

May 26, 2021
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Morning all.

Vodafone currently does some channel shiftings in the former german UnityMedia area (removed some exotic channels, shifted others) to make them consistent with their own setup.
    Last night my area was on their list, so customers in my area are told to do a full channel scan on their devices which didn't gather the new channels setup automatically.
    So I did a full channel search on my AVM DVB-C repeater and added some channels which were overseen by the repeater's scan. No big issue so far.

Now I wanted to refresh the channels in MP 1.27 too, but the "AVM Helper" plugin didn't fetch the updated channel list.
    • I removed all existing channels, so the plugin can start from scratch.
    • I disabled IPv6 as that was reported causing issues.
    • The MediaPortal TV server configuration has two IPTV devices (AVM's "DVB-C" has two tuners). That was working well with the previous existing channel list.
    The repeater is found at its correct IPv4 IP, the plugin connects it, seems to do its scan at 114 MHz but doesn't fetch any channel list and therefore doesn't scan further channels as well.

edit 2020-05-27, 10:52 PM
    It seems the transponder list gets fetched and scanned, but the plugin doesn't find any channels. Error message ends with "No signal".
    /edit

Do I miss something? There isn't much else what can be done from the Plugin's page.
    Thanks for the answer :) .

//HSishi

Last edited:

HSishi

May 26, 2021
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Morning all.

Ok, seems it works now ... not sure if it was the 1.28 "Prerelease" version (I updated to 1.28 Release) or a mistake I made - only one TV instance per client on AVM's DVB-C repeater.

Still, I hope either Hauppauge reworks their driver once they're aware Windows 11 causes trouble (again a new Windows which causes trouble) or Microsoft fixes what is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom