Nexus Media Manager v0.8 - Organise your media! Now with TV Support! - [14-01-2011] (1 Viewer)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: [BETA] [FIX] Nexus Media Manager v0.2 - Organise your media!

See attched for both, i use the previous tools with this db just fine.

Cheers

i know the problem!

your DBPATH is set to a network volume, this causes issues with the SQL statments as the \\ is used an escape character so the file path would be \NETWORKSHARE\FOLDER rather than \\NETWORKSHARE\FOLDER

I was aware of the problem but so far have not had a chance to correct the problem i was hoping no one would notice untill i had a chance to update it later.

thats ok ill give it a go now:)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

ok third time lucky!

I just updated the way the program access the DB and also added some more error check and thing

I was unable to reproduce the error you are getting

im testing on Win7x64 MP 1.1.1 and MovPic 1.1 beta

Im also using a network share to store my movies, but im only testing with around 10 files as im at work and done have a lot of media

I have seen some problems when movie names have special characters in it, so things like " ' ; : ? ect ect

it might be something to do with that?

ill update the first post with this version once i have confirmed its working

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

not sure, it crashes after 19 of 1060, some of the movies in that 19 do have a ; in it already, but the last movie it stops on also has a ;

I have the same OS/Mediaportal and Moving Pictures as you

Same crash in 0-03, im not sure in what order its processing the movies either the log seems to be alphabetical but if it is, its missing a ton of movies.

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

hmmm interesting it crashes with the same error? and you only do preview not run?

the order it runs in is just the order they are imported into the moving pictures database, what it does it checkes the entry in Moving pictures and verifies that the file actualy exists then if it does it grabs the details for processing

if you get SQL Lite Browser

you can see the contents of the Moving pictures database and see what order its getting the movies.

does it crash at the same spot each time? im asuming it does which would seem to me like it is having problems either finding a file path or finding a matching entry in the DB

ill keep looking at it but so far i havent been able to recreate the error :(

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

yep crashes at same spot every time. defiantly only doing a preview,

anyway dont worry me in particilar just giving feedback the previous tools work fine for me

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

cool yep no worries :) this one is all built in VB .Net ill see if anyone else has the issue and see if we can work it out

it was a bit rushed this release so when i get a chance ill create a more detailed log system which should give us a bit more info to go on :)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

yep crashes at same spot every time. defiantly only doing a preview,

anyway dont worry me in particilar just giving feedback the previous tools work fine for me

just updated to 0.04 unfortuantly i havent been able to reproduce the error you are talking about so i think its still broken but i did notice you have some movies which / \ and a few other special character in there which i though was the problem but the old version did preview ok it just had problems moving the files, so I have now fixed this and they should work

also the files are now processed in alabetical order so you should get further than 19 now but i think you will still get stuck when it gets to what ever movie its thats causeing the issue.

I have added a trap into the program which should now give you the details of where its getting stuck so it might give us a clue as to what is doing it

cheers!

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: [BETA] [FIX] Nexus Media Manager v0.4 - Organise your media!

works great thanks !!

only missing the possibility to delete the "old" folder where the movie was in, before it was moved. i ended up with some old folders with nfo files inside but with no movie

looking forward for the tvseries part.
    hope i can keep my folder structure...
    D:\_Multimedia\_Series\Top Gear\Season 12_Top Gear\Top Gear - S12E07 - Tesla Roadster.avi

thanks

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

works great thanks !!

only missing the possibility to delete the "old" folder where the movie was in, before it was moved. i ended up with some old folders with nfo files inside but with no movie

looking forward for the tvseries part.
    hope i can keep my folder structure...
    D:\_Multimedia\_Series\Top Gear\Season 12_Top Gear\Top Gear - S12E07 - Tesla Roadster.avi

thanks

yeah any folder structure should work :)

as for the deleting of old folders the program only removes folders if they are empty just to prevent any files being acidentily deleted however i am planing a clean up option which will do exactly that

For now the best thing to do is just change the root directory to something like movies\NEW then move remove the files/folders and move them back again.

but yeah its something I will implement in the future :)

publicENEMY

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009

How about subtitle files? did the renamer rename subtitle files after renaming the movie files? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom