Nexus Media Manager v0.8 - Organise your media! Now with TV Support! - [14-01-2011] (1 Viewer)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: Nexus Media Manager v0.8 - Organise your media! Now with TV Support! - [14-01-201

now i always get an error on movie 211, strange is that if i select different paths, the movie is not always the same, but always on count 211.

also, selecting a path does not seem to make teh program take into account only the movies in that path.

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: Nexus Media Manager v0.8 - Organise your media! Now with TV Support! - [14-01-201

now i always get an error on movie 211, strange is that if i select different paths, the movie is not always the same, but always on count 211.

also, selecting a path does not seem to make teh program take into account only the movies in that path.

im not getting either of these problems.....

i have a test database with 3 import paths all with about 10 movies each and when i use the drop down to select the path it only processes the path i select

my main media center only has one import path with 370 movies and i runs over that perfectly

are you able to send me a screen shoot of the exact error? and maybe a copy of your mp database so i can take a look?

cheers

superted125

Portal Member
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country

Hi Kyleh,

Thanks for the app firstly!

Im getting the following error when i run it on my movies hdd.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at NexusMediaManager.mdlMovDB.MovReplaceMask(Int32 intId, String strMask, String type)
    at NexusMediaManager.mdlMovDB.MovDoWork(Int32 intID)
    at NexusMediaManager.frmMovPreview.MovStartWork()
    at NexusMediaManager.frmMovPreview.frmMovPreview_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    NexusMediaManager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/HomeTheatre/Downloads/NexusMediaManager_0-8-01/NexusMediaManager/NexusMediaManager.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.66.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.66.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/HomeTheatre/Downloads/NexusMediaManager_0-8-01/NexusMediaManager/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

sidsalmon

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

hi kyleh0000
    please add mymovie.xml export format

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan

That error about "outside the bounds" or whatever is triggered when the movie's genre database value is blank.

The other problem I have with the app is that it creates a new directory with the new name you specify, and leaves the old one, along with the other files in the original directory, such as subtitle files, additional artwork, etc.

The app really needs to rename the directory rather than create a new one, or alternatively, move ALL files from the original directory to the new one (without overwriting any new files created of course).

It's taken me about 3 hours to go through and check 900+ directories and move stuff over to the new directories. Kinda defeats the usefulness of the app!

If that's fixed, then it'd be pretty great.

invader980

June 8, 2010

That error about "outside the bounds" or whatever is triggered when the movie's genre database value is blank.

The other problem I have with the app is that it creates a new directory with the new name you specify, and leaves the old one, along with the other files in the original directory, such as subtitle files, additional artwork, etc.

The app really needs to rename the directory rather than create a new one, or alternatively, move ALL files from the original directory to the new one (without overwriting any new files created of course).

It's taken me about 3 hours to go through and check 900+ directories and move stuff over to the new directories. Kinda defeats the usefulness of the app!

If that's fixed, then it'd be pretty great.

AGREED.. I suggest a cleanup function .....

I mean the script dose a great job for the most part but the smallest error kills all the automation...... i think it needs some error trapping

is this written in vb .net ? or if u dont mind a source ? mabe its somthing we as a community here can help u fix ( if u plan on releasing it open source) .. seems liek VERY small fixes r needed to make the program kick arse.....

I say this only because i really like the program and it is the ONLY one ive found to do EXACTLY wat i want .... unfortunately its broken and driving me crazy.

3 suggestions :
    Error trapping: so that when or if it dose error it dosent kill the whole process ... simply alerts the user mabe even give them options around it ... then skip the errored line from the database and continue. THat way u know wat the error is and how to fix it plus it dosent end the process of fixing ur folders .

Output Templates: Particularly i like ur output {Title - Year} but to give the program more flexability with other plugins , this also takes the coding out of ur hands and puts it into the hands of the user . Everyone's happy.

eg: %T - %Y (%R.%C) = (Title - Year, Resolution.Codec array) A Bug's Life - 1998 (1080p.DTS.x264)

Obviously the normal user might not want that complex of a file name... but some of us extreme nerds may ... we like thoes shiny icons (amongst other stuff):D but again saving u the hassle of dealing with it u just have to write these variables and let us be the super nerds lol

Clean-up function: Delete folders only AFTER script finishes all other actions , Preferable on user action . So if it dose ERROR or malfunctions , u avoid a disaster simply click no dont clean up and roll back wat mistakes were made.

That would make this program FLAWLESS (opinion):D

and :D for the program aswell

PPS: For the record Getting ERRORS on WIN7 ultimate X64:
    Getting the error/crash when movie has not genre
    Not deleting folders (or exstra junk) when finished (but creating new folder and moving data it should FLAWLESS)

jimekai

Portal Member
    September 28, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What has happened to this program? I'm still getting the same errors as above and, with MP not handling various players for SD and 3D content, nor can MovingPictures isolate different SD & HD versions of the same title, I'm wanting to clean up my collection and move it.

jimekai

Portal Member
    September 28, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. I can't wait, so I'm going to use theRenamer to set up folders for a new 3D & HD collection and put it directly into XBMC, just to be able to use arcsoft as the external player. This way I can keep using MediaPortal using Potplayer for my SD collection. Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom