1.11.0 No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Hell_Angel ,

Launching any software under Windows, which then crashes will at minimum produce an entry in the event log. Installation of 1.11 will at least have produced a log of the installation. If the latter is not there you did not install anything - if you did install it then you are actively refusing to provide minimum information. A quite non-constructive attitude, while mm remains absolutely professional in his attitude.

And you better not compare your case to @Snoopy87 since he did post a several logs in this thread.

Last edited:

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Why not? Problem is same, so with or without logs problem exists. I don't have installation logs, since I had to do clean install and like I said, it went fine after 5-6 tries. So, there wasn't any errors during the last installation. I just wonder why everyone keeps denying problems, since this is the first time, I even had to install MP 5-6 times, to get it work. After I installed everything from the scratch, it worked for a week, but now started again. I'm not trying to be non-constructive, just trying to figure out, how could I help you more, since no one even seems to believe there is a problem?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Folks, let's try to keep the conversation polite. :)
    I'm preparing a fuller response to Hell_Angel. Thanks for your patience.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yes, for sure. I don't have any intention to argue with you guys, just trying to figure out what to do, to help. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Here's the response I promised. :)

Yes, I know. You have kind of funny attitude.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure how to respond to this. I'm trying to maintain my composure... :)

If you know that your report doesn't enable anybody to investigate, what do you expect me (us) to do? ...and how?

There clearly is something going on with TV server, since many members have informed, they've had problems installing TV server...
    I wouldn't say "many" as you have, but I agree that I've seen some reports of installation problems over the past 6 to 12 months. Most have been related to failed MySQL upgrades.

In your case I can't make any comment because I have no information that would enable me to investigate. In other words: I can't say if your installation problem was the same as other problems that I've seen... and I can't say if it was different either.

...and now these mysterious disappearings of it's process.
    So to be clear: do you think there is some kind of connection between the installation problems and the disappearing process?
    If so, what evidence do you have for that conclusion... or are you just speculating?

I think this point is really really important.

You've indicated you think you're experiencing the same problems as Snoopy87, but Snoopy87 never reported any installation problems. He only reported crashes. I don't deny that you had problems installing, or that you're experiencing crashes. However, I do think that it's likely that these are separate problems with separate causes. In my opinion it would be easier to deal with any and all problems that you're experiencing one at a time. :)

What can we do to help you, when nothing gets produced?
    I find this question really difficult to answer. When I read it, I understand that you are willing to help... which is great - thank you! :)
    ... but it feels like you mostly expect us (or me) to eventually produce "the solution to the problem". That's the difficult part.

As I said to Snoopy87 already [earlier in this thread]: I don't work on MediaPortal 1's TV Server (TVE 3) any more. I work exclusively on TVE 3.5. The only reason I commented in this thread was to try to assist Snoopy87 to identify and resolve his problem for himself. In other words, if you're waiting for me to produce something then you're probably going to be waiting a long time.

My advice to you would be: if you feel unable to investigate or resolve the crashes yourself then try to attract the attention of other people who can help you.

There is problems with MP, but you deny it, because we can't send you logs, that doesn't even get produced?
    I think you've misunderstood what I said.

I don't deny that TV Server is crashing. That would be denying reality. :)
    I also don't expect you to send logs when they aren't created. That would be completely unrealistic. :)

What I do say is that it is unfair to assert that the crashing is caused by MediaPortal and/or TV Server without evidence.

I get warning from time to time, when TV service cannot start, so I can send a screenshot, when it happens next time.
    I'd be happy to look at the screenshot and any logs that are available. Please use the watchdog tool to collect logs so that I have access to the Windows application and system event logs. :)

...but I should reiterate what I said above: in my opinion TV service failing to start is most likely to be a completely separate and different problem to the silent TV service crashes.

Why does it matter, if not much have changed, since this clearly is problem with TV server?
    I respectfully disagree that "this clearly is a problem with TV server". The various problems you've described might be problems with TV Server... but for now I don't have enough information to be sure.

An example...
    In the last 6 months I saw a report where somebody complained that TV service failed to start. Like you, they were blaming TV Server. When I investigated I found that the MySQL service had been failing to start, and for that reason Windows was not even attempting to start the TV service. In other words: despite first impressions, the problem was actually nothing to do with TV Server.

I don't give you this example to say that your problem is nothing to do with TV Server. Rather, I give it to show that sometimes the things we think are clear can be more complex than we thought. So, please don't assume TV Server is at fault unless you have proof. :)

Older versions never did this, there are problems with installing and even when I did clean install and got it right, after a week, it started doing it again.
    Can you please tell me which older version(s) of MediaPortal you were using that never did "this".

You're not even trying to help, just denying that there even is problem.
    Ouch, that hurts!

Actually, I am trying to help [by offering advice]. It's the best I can do in the circumstances.
    ...and as I explained above: I don't deny that Snoopy87 is experiencing a problem, but I do say that currently there's no evidence that his problem is actually caused by TV Server.

I don't run any plugins or processes of my own, just clean install of MP, so it's definitely not only Snoopy87's problem. I hope more people show up, if they're having same problems. Maybe we can convince developers to look into it.
    I also hope more people show up if they're having the same crashing problems. :)
    The more people that show up, the more chance there is of seeing a pattern... or somehow finding and solving the cause of the problem.

On that note, please can you supply full details of your system and/or make sure the system specifications in your forum profile are correct. I believe you when you say that the logs don't include any information about the crashes. Still, perhaps the context or timing of the crashes could tell us something about the cause. Therefore, please make sure TV Server's log level is set to debug (TV Server config, general section)... and next time a crash occurs, please post:
    • the MediaPortal and TV Server log files
      • use the watchdog tool with option 3 if possible, so that the Windows application event log is included
    • the date and time of the crash
    • what you (and/or the PC) were doing when the crash occured
    Thanks in advance!
    mm
    :)

Iwen

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just because I'm amazed by all the work mm is doing and what immense time he takes for such great and thoughtful answers, I started to google a bit for myself.

I found the same error that Hell_Angel has (his screenshot on the last page) in a german thread (http://www.winfuture-forum.de/index.php?showtopic=207460).
    It seems that the problem occurs in combination with a VirtualBox-NetworkAdapter. Maybe this is also the problem in your case as your screenshot states that the target machine (very uncommon ip adress 91.158.65.78) denied the connection.

The thread opener in the german thread solved the problem by himself
    • Deinstallation of MP
    • Cleaning of files and folders (especcially in APPDATA and PROGRAMDATA)
    • Deinstallation of MySQL
    • Cleaning of files and folders of MySQL (installation directory, APPDATA, PROGRAMDATA)
    • Deletion of a VirtualBox-Adapter
    • Reboot
    • Newinstallation of MP

Maybe this is of any help for you :) .

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    mm: I wasn't expecting message that long. To answer shortly. I've been using MP over 9 years, this is first time installation of MP was this hard and first time TVservice.exe won't start. Installation failed, because update somehow corrupted my MySQL database. After I did clean install, it worked for a week, like I said. So, it did work for a moment and then started doing it again. I'm pretty sure, if I would erase everything and did clean install again, it would work.. for a moment. Why I connect installation and TV Server problems? When I tried to update to 1.11, I got few times the same error as I posted earlier (image at page 4). Secondly, this has never happened before, but after updating to 1.11, I can't get TV Server working properly at all. Log level should be set to debug, but I can't check it, because Setuptv.exe won't start, because tvservice.exe won't start. But at least now I have some log file to give, since trying to start setuptv, it created an error log. My specs might be little outdated, I'll check them.

lwen: I have to check this. I hope it does help, but I wonder why it would have started doing this only after installation of 1.11, since I haven't installed any Virtualbox-Adapters lately, and shouldn't even have one installed?

EDIT: Updated specs. I'm quite busy during this week, and I'm not in a hurry with this, I would just like to know, if we can find out what is causing this. I'll give you better answer at weekend and produce log files with Watchdog as you asked, so let's see if you find out something.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks @Iwen ! :)
    I missed the screenshot due to the edit, but I agree with your assessment. The VB adaptor should not be used in combination with TV Server.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This still doesn't explain my problems, because I don't have one installed and never had. But as I see, there's no developers who seem to be interested and you seem to ignore the whole problem and avoid all responsibility about anything, so I guess I'll just leave it be. Why do you still release TVE3, if you don't support it anymore and there's no one developing it? I don't see the point of digging, if no one is interested.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This still doesn't explain my problems, because I don't have one installed and never had.
    So what is the network adaptor with the 91.158.65.78 address then?

But as I see, there's no developers who seem to be interested and you seem to ignore the whole problem and avoid all responsibility about anything, so I guess I'll just leave it be.
    After reading this sentence I feel like I completely wasted my time - more than an hour - writing my earlier response to you. :(

I explained the situation, my opinions, and offered to try to help you. Is that avoiding all responsibility?!?

Why do you still release TVE3, if you don't support it anymore and there's no one developing it?
    "Team MediaPortal" releases MediaPortal and TV Server for people that want to use them. I am only one person in that team. I don't work on TVE 3 any more... but other people in Team MediaPortal do (!!!).

[edit: To make it clear: I'm currently waiting for the full set of log files from the watchdog tool. The TV Server configuration log that you posted doesn't tell me anything.]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom