[TV] No digital with Windows 7 and Hauppauge 2250 (1 Viewer)

RobWW

Portal Member
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Sorry for the late reply -- I just got back from a trip out of town.

For drivers, I had tried several different versions but currently was using the latest from windows update. The version you suggested was newer, so I tried installing it but had some problems. Attached is a log from a quick test (new drivers installed and latest version of tv server--package-tvengine.exe) in the hopes that it is useful. Digital channels still do not seem to be tuned. However, at this point there is a slight chance that there is a problem with my system -- I will double check that everything is working properly tomorrow.

You mentioned that another tester didn't have problems when using windows XP. I dual boot with windows XP and 7: the 2250 works fine (both analogue and digital) under windows XP.

Thanks again for looking at this problem.
Rob

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for the late reply -- I just got back from a trip out of town.

For drivers, I had tried several different versions but currently was using the latest from windows update. The version you suggested was newer, so I tried installing it but had some problems. Attached is a log from a quick test (new drivers installed and latest version of tv server--package-tvengine.exe) in the hopes that it is useful. Digital channels still do not seem to be tuned. However, at this point there is a slight chance that there is a problem with my system -- I will double check that everything is working properly tomorrow.

You mentioned that another tester didn't have problems when using windows XP. I dual boot with windows XP and 7: the 2250 works fine (both analogue and digital) under windows XP.

Thanks again for looking at this problem.
    Rob

There is nothing in the log to suggest why this is failing - however it is not tuning the respective frequencies...
    Since you're dual booting, try to compare both logs from Windows 7 & XP using the same build.
    Also the respective graph images.

DMAN

RobWW

Portal Member
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK, we're making some progress. Now digital TV is not working on either Windows XP or Windows 7 :)

I tried several things. First, I confirmed that my Windows 7 installation was working with the new drivers (27223) by installing Hauppauge WinTV. It was able to tune ATSC channels. Hence, my logs from last night are valid. However, I retried scanning for channels and the log is attached as tv-windows7-110b+latest.log. Note that I made sure the Hauppauge TV service was disabled before I started the mediaportal TV service. No graph file was created in the MediaPortal TV Server directory when tuning digital channels. An analog.grf file was created when tuning analog channels, but I am assuming it is not important.

Next, I turned to windows XP. My starting configuration was with 1.0.2 installed. I upgraded to the latest Hauppauge drivers (27223) and confirmed that 1.0.2 could view ATSC TV.

I then did a full cleanup uninstall and installed 1.1.0 beta. I was still able to scan for and view ATSC channels. The log is attached as tv-windowsxp-110b.log. Note that I am only able to receive one channel (36) due to the small antenna I was using.

I then installed the package-tvengine.exe you uploaded. The new TV engine was unable to detect ATSC channels and in general behaved the same way as under Windows 7, scanning all channels but the first one too quickly. The log is attached as tv-windowsxp-110b+latest.log. Also, no grf file was created.

I hope this means there is only one small problem remaining.

Rob

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The latest TV Server SVN seems to be working great for QAM & the HD-PVR Both. There seems to be an issue with the Client though... It bombs when starting up :(

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The latest TV Server SVN seems to be working great for QAM & the HD-PVR Both. There seems to be an issue with the Client though... It bombs when starting up :(

I resolved my client issue, this seems to be working perfect now (The QAM part that is :) )

RobWW

Portal Member
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yup, its fixed.

Tested with both windows xp and windows 7. The latest svn (MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-17-2009 18-50h - Revision:23652) is able to scan for and tune digital TV with the Hauppauge 2250.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Rob

mcu

Portal Member
    August 24, 2009
    having this same problem with the PVR-1800. I loaded the latest drivers and works well with WinTV the hauppage software, but Mediaportal still only seesanalog version only

Any help pleasE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom