No guide info added due to a MYSQL deadlock (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Hi,

Not sure if this is better put in the WEBEPG section (because that's the plugin that is acting up) but over here it might get somewhat more attention...

Sometimes I have a lot of info missing in my tv-guide.
    Checking the logs, it is because Mysql runs into a deadlock ( MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction)
    This is after quite a number of successfull channels, and after that error no other channels are added.

I more or less found the cause of it, it happens when the provider (tvgids.tv in this case) suddenly decides to not have programdata for a given channel anymore.
    The combination of nothing new and a bunch of programs still in the epg-table seems to trigger this deadlock.

Is anyone else having this kind of issues?
    Of course it's better to fix this problem, but I already checked the code and (apart from deadlocks in general to be difficult to fix) it seem to be not trivial to fix this.
    If I'm the only one having these kind of issues I tend to go and delete the programs from the offending channel and hope it doesn't happen too often, but if it would benefit others too I might take a stab at fixing the root-cause.
    Let me know what you think...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    hm, didn't got any replies in almost a year. I guess its the wrong area after all...
    perhaps @mm1352000 has any insights as a tv-service guru?
    It's running on MYSQL 5.6 with all the settings that came with it when installing the tvservice way back.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    R TV Guide No Episode Info Displayed Electronic Program Guide 5
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
    D Display Day of week in TV Guide? Feature Requests 0
    S Shortcuts MP1 My Recorded & TV Guide General 10
    framug Nouveau plugin XmlTvFR pour récupérer le guide télé français Kazer / ZguideTv (WebEPGfr) 11
    G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2
    M [Rejected] Always show full hours in TV Guide Feature Requests 2
    M [fixed] [MP2-831] 12h time format shown in TV Guide with Swedish language settings Submit: Bug Reports 27
    geotwticher TV Guide EPG Grabber for Australia 2020 RIP freepg.tv General 4
    B [solved] MP2.2.3 TV Guide not scrolling with mouse wheel General 2
    R [solved] All Channel 7 stations listed in guide as 1000 Newcomers Forum 4
    T Freeview EPG-Anyone know what channel sends the guide data? Electronic Program Guide 10
    M Guide mapping schedules direct, tvguide, epg buddy How to get correct entry to the correct channel? Electronic Program Guide 0
    G Newb trying MP2, trouble with guide data General 5
    C How do I see the broadcast channel decimal numbers in the guide? General 0
    M [Pending] Fix for Inconsistent date display in TV Guide Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) 1
    G [solved] Are genres in the guide working properly General 4
    drumrob Inconsistent date display in TV Guide 1.22 Pre Release 15
    HTPCSourcer [Evaluate] MP2-Updates do not remove the GUID of previous installs MediaPortal 2 13
    Rob Hexenmeister Radio Guide descriptions in myradio.xml (screen 30) MediaPortal 1 Skins 3
    N Include both TV and Radio channels together in the guide Feature Requests 2
    Patrik-See [solved] MediaPortal 2.2 Fernseher bleibt schwarz nach TV Sender Stop Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    W Need help getting my TV guide working again General Support 1
    ltfearme Feature request: Parental Guide IMDb+ 17
    B [Finished] TV Guide Navigation Button Archive 0