No indication of overlapping recording broadcastings (2 Viewers)

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi I tested with one TBS-6991 SE which has two installed tuners - here it works fine.

Possibly I have one pinnacle USB device .... I will check it this evening and come back.

Regards

RUE

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thanks, it doesn't seem to work for me at least. I programed 3 to 4 show at the same time and MP scheduled them like normal with no pop up.

I'm on MP 1.10 FINAL and use 1 colossus only

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are we really sure we are talking about the same issue?

I double checked now ....
    - Open Mediaportal
    - go to TV->Schedules list
    - select one Transmission -> ok, is getting marked
    - select a second one at the same time, but on a different Transponder -> ok, is getting marked (I have 2 Receiver on my TBS 6991)
    - select a third one at the same time, but on a different Transponder -> popup is coming up -> ok

Be sure, this will only work when recordings will be created newly. Existing ones may have Problems.

Double check: add additional recordings at the same time a recording is still configured on a different Transponder
    - add one recording -> ok is getting marked
    - add one more -> conflicts box is appearing -> ok

For me the Initial issue seems to be fixed.

Ok - I have Trouble with the Network Monitor, but this is Business of yesterday. This Problem appears I think since 1.6.

-------------- snip snip snip ------------------------
    [2015-01-09 23:26:12,618] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - NetworkMonitorHandler: Network monitor started
    [2015-01-09 23:26:12,770] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [ERROR] - NetworkMonitorHandler: Exception in StartNetworkMonitor: System.InvalidOperationException: Indikatornamensdaten können nicht geladen werden, da ein ungültiger Index "" aus der Registrierung gelesen wurde.
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetCategorySample(String category)
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetCategorySample(String machine, String category)
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.GetCounterInstances(String categoryName, String machineName)
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.GetInstanceNames()
    bei TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Handlers.ActiveNetworkStandbyHandler.StartNetworkMonitor()
    [2015-01-09 23:26:12,782] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [INFO ] - NetworkMonitorHandler: Exception in StartNetworkMonitor: System.InvalidOperationException: Indikatornamensdaten können nicht geladen werden, da ein ungültiger Index "" aus der Registrierung gelesen wurde.
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetCategorySample(String machine, String category)
    bei System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.GetCounterInstances(String categoryName, String machineName)
    bei TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Handlers.ActiveNetworkStandbyHandler.StartNetworkMonitor()
    [2015-01-09 23:26:12,783] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - NetworkMonitorHandler: Idle limit in KB/s: 5

@kilik360: can you please write how you proceed?
    I will try to check it on my two installations. - did you integrate the patch to TVService Directory or to Mediaportal intall Directory.
    At first I tried to do it on TVService and it did not work, so MM gave me the right kick ;)

@Sebastii: Sorry the pinnacle did not come up anymore - seems is dead. Try to find a different one.

best regards

RUE

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @kilik360: can you please write how you proceed?
    I will try to check it on my two installations. - did you integrate the patch to TVService Directory or to Mediaportal intall Directory.
    At first I tried to do it on TVService and it did not work, so MM gave me the right kick ;)

You got it ! I've put them in TVServer Folder, putting them in MediaPortal folder did the trick !

It's a great feature !

@mm1352000 it is working fine !
    conflict.jpg

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok - I have Trouble with the Network Monitor, but this is Business of yesterday. This Problem appears I think since 1.6.

[2015-01-09 23:26:12,618] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - NetworkMonitorHandler: Network monitor started
    [2015-01-09 23:26:12,770] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [ERROR] - NetworkMonitorHandler: Exception in StartNetworkMonitor: System.InvalidOperationException: Indikatornamensdaten können nicht geladen werden, da ein ungültiger Index "" aus der Registrierung gelesen wurde.
    [2015-01-09 23:26:12,782] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [INFO ] - NetworkMonitorHandler: Exception in StartNetworkMonitor: System.InvalidOperationException: Indikatornamensdaten können nicht geladen werden, da ein ungültiger Index "" aus der Registrierung gelesen wurde.
    [2015-01-09 23:26:12,783] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - NetworkMonitorHandler: Idle limit in KB/s: 5

best regards

RUE

Hi :) Maybe @michael_t and/or @regeszter have an idea :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to be sure, we are agree that above code (Git branch) is equal to the bin posted here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...ding-broadcastings.127995/page-5#post-1105299 ?
    I did not build the bin from that branch. I patched the code locally, so there is a risk it is not 100% equivalent.

What can I say? :)

I'm 100% confident that your branch fixes the bug introduced by the original MP1-4501 code change. The bug is that conflicts are not reported when more than one tuner is available. For sure that is fixed based on rue's tests etc..

I'm also 100% confident that your branch fixes conflict reporting for analog tuner and capture cards. That is a problem which has existed for a long time, but has not been recorded in JIRA. This fix is done by the change to the isSameTransponder() function. For sure that is fixed based on kilik360's tests etc..

Finally, I'm not 100% confident that your branch fixes MP1-4501. To be clear, the bug is that only the first conflicting schedule is reported. To fix this bug we have removed a "break" from AssignSchedulesToCard():
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...14#diff-9a63244ff88f6c10768e796eef8a27c7L2999

That change is correct, 100%. However, to completely fix MP1-4501 I think you may also need to remove the "break" here:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...tabase/TvBusinessLayer/BusinessLayer.cs#L2941

Reason: that "break" assumes that an existing scheduled recording can only overlap with one "episode" of a [new] schedule. Actually in practice I think it is possible that there could be more than one overlap. To identify conflicts correctly, all potentially overlapping schedules should be assigned to tuners. That is why I would remove the "break".

For example, say that you want to create a "record on all channels" schedule ("schedule A") for a new series, and a "record once" schedule for a movie. Say that the series is shown on a "base" channel at 19:30, then repeated 1 hour later at 20:30 on a "+1" channel (identical to the base channel, except all programs are shown 1 hour later). The movie schedule - example, from 19:00 until 21:00 - could conflict with the series program on both channels. Therefore both "episodes" of the series schedule conflict with the movie.

I hope this makes sense. If not, maybe you just have to trust me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom