No media playing (2 Viewers)

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
  • Is this for specific media files? If yes, please upload or send in PM: applies to all media I tried yet. I didn't find any song that worked.
  • Are the files stored locally or on the network? Locally but on a different disk
  • Have you tried updating your music database (from MediaPortal configuration)? Yes, I deleted the old one and updated the new one.
  • Do you see the artist/title in now playing? Yes, always
Thanks for helping

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Problem solved
I made some changes in the My Lyrics config.
Now it works.
I'll try later to find out which change did the job.
Thanks

Last edited:

xurr

Portal Pro
May 3, 2006
Italy
Home Country
Italy Italy
I have exactly the same problem, I tried on 3 different installations of MediaPortal (both 1.4 and 1.5), same "No media playing".

My only solution was to stick with an older version of MyLyrics (1.7.3.118, the issue appeared in 1.8).

Can you please explain what you did in the My Lyrics config in order to make it work?

Thanks!

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I have exactly the same problem, I tried on 3 different installations of MediaPortal (both 1.4 and 1.5), same "No media playing".

My only solution was to stick with an older version of MyLyrics (1.7.3.118, the issue appeared in 1.8).

Can you please explain what you did in the My Lyrics config in order to make it work?

Thanks!

@xurr,
    1. What player are you using? (BASS/ASIO/WASAPI/dshow)?
    2. Can you attach logs (with 1.8.x, or at least a screenshot of MyLyrics Settings tab)
    3. When running batch search, do you see results?

lambie

August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all. I had the same problem. What helped me was ticking the two 'Automatic...' boxes in the 'Find lyric dialog settings' (in the Settings tab of MyLyrics configuration). Give it a try, it will might help you too!

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi all. I had the same problem. What helped me was ticking the two 'Automatic...' boxes in the 'Find lyric dialog settings' (in the Settings tab of MyLyrics configuration). Give it a try, it will might help you too!

I will see if those 2 boxes can cause the problem people are experiencing...

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks!

This way it works for me.
    Hope this will help you.

myLyrics.config.png

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I had the same problem and found it was enough to just check "Automatic fetch lyrics". For the track in question, My Lyrics then displayed a series of informative messages, ending with "No matching lyrics found". IMHO this is just a problem with the message text. When no music file is playing, My Lyrics displays (logically enough ;-) "No music file is playing". Isn't this the only kind of media for which My Lyrics works? Wouldn't it be enough to just change the message "No media playing" to read "No lyrics available"?

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you rsbrux!
    Same problem here and same solution. Great!
    Since your question from November 2013 is unanswered yet I assume, development of MyLyrics Plugin has been dropped by yoavain ?

Users who are viewing this thread