porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have had a long absence from MP and over the holidays have spent my time getting the whole house system up and running again on MP1.

I have installed Moving Pictures a number of times and had no issues with it until getting to the final machine where the plugin doesn't seem to be grabbing any info at all from the source websites. I have tried both IMDB and Movie DB in web browsers and they open without problem.

The plugin 'sees' the HDD where the files are located, it scans them, but doesn't seem to retrieve any info at all to populate the database. I have attached the logs. Let me know if you require anything else.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Moving Pictures Config.log
      142.7 KB
    • movingpictures.log
      3 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have you got any proxies or anything that might make requests go out as SSL? Reason why I ask is that the errors look security related for SSL but the requests we're doing in the logs are not so I don't understand the error.

SINCowboy

Portal Member
    September 3, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm having what may be a similar problem. (Running MediaPortal 1.21 on Vista Ultimate) Moving Pictures 1.8.2 will not import. In the logs everything looks fine until it starts scraping then I see "Unexpected error... requested security protocol is not supported" for all import sources. Note: the import links all work if I copy them to a browser.

Version 1.8.1 works fine, but 1.8.2 doesn't work.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Most websites now force TLS 1.2 usage, which breaks default .NET support that Moving-Pictures relies on.

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol |= SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;​

Is needed for C# to solve that problem, but pretty sure that code was put in place, just not sure what version it was added for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom