No my pictures folders (0.2.3.0 RC1 ) (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
using the 0.2.3.0 RC1 there seems to be no folders shown in my pictures, I check config and there are several set.

I had problems upgrading from an older SVN but I go it working now.

the other things I noticed are that the hybrid cards setup still doesn't work and that analogue radio still doesn't work.

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 rc1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: windows 2003 sp1
CPU Type: core 2 duo 2.1
HDD: western digital 400Gb
Memory: 1Gb
Motherboard: Asus P5L-VM 1394
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Asus Gforce 6200 LE
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: onboard (ASUS)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: kworld
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T (PCI)
1. TV Card Driver: 4.0.108.4
2. TV Card: ASUS My cinema U3000 Mini
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T (USB)
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: DNTV! Live Dual Hybrid PCIe
3. TV Card Type: twin hybrid
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: thermaltake motzart
Cooling: CPU fan / passive on other
Power Supply:
Remote: iMon
TV: Samsung LA37R7
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA, (not DVI->HDMI, mis-led by samsung)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Can't confirm any of this, was it a clean install to a empty folder(it should be since many things have changed)?

Regards
    Roy

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    maybe I broke it. I did a clean install to an empty folder but then copied most of the XML files from my previous install (the MediaPortal folder only, not any sub folders). I were trying to avoid having to re-setup everything. was that a bad idea?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    OK I have had another go, making sure the folders were deleted (renamed for backup anyway) before the new install.

using the latest (day or so old now) SVN TV server plugin trying to turn on the TV does nothing and the logs show an error about a function not being found, so I went back to an old plugin.

adding cards to a hybrid grouping in the server setup still causes the "unknown channel" error, does this really work for you? I didn't think it worked for anyone.

the my pictures seems to have come back, I must have broken that one. (works properly now)

analogue radio just says no video/audio detected. I were also under the impression this was broken long ago and never fixed (if it ever worked).

analogue TV says the same and I cant find anybody willing to help, I have read some people have analogue TV working but mine never has.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Now you're talking about TVE3 & plugin, please update a report with what you're really it's using, a bit confusing the way this it's now & logs would be fine to see whats happening ;)

Regards
    Roy

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    OK, I see why I might have confused you. my setup today is:

Mediaportal: 0.2.3.0 RC1
    TV plugin: tvengine3-05-25-2007--17-36h--Rev14709
    TV server: tvengine3-07-08-2007--01-22h--Rev15115

the plugin is a mis-matched version but my problems occur even with the preview in the TV server setup.

I deleted all the log files, tried to select an analogue TV channel and then tried to select an analogue radio station. the attached log files were collected after that. both has a cannot start time shifting error.

I think I might have something missing to do the analogue stuff but add the drivers are installed, the software that comes with the card works and I have also seen Nero (the movie capture part) access some of the analogue sections.

I have a client on another computer but I am not so concerned with that a computer but I am not so concerned with that. (just as well, it won't even turn the TV on today but I will look into that one later.)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    First of all, both TVE3 & MP has to be same version.
    It's your analog tuner a software card (a software encoder it's then needed)?
    There are a bug in TVE3 & on client & Radio chanels in Mantis & not solved yet, but Radio on single seat should work.

Regards
    Roy

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    so what should I be using with the RC1, there is no RC1 of the server is there? or do I have to install RC1 and the latest SVN and matching server?

I Believe my analogue card is a software card, it is a hybrid card and I think all hybrid cards are software, but regardless I think mine is. I can create a DVD video on this PC, doesn't that mean I have an mpeg2 encoder, isn't that what I need? do I need the same missing encoder for radio or just TV, it just seemed odd to need an mpeg2 encoder to play radio, but it does seem to be all analogue related so maybe I do?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom