No option for recording format mpeg ?? | Page 2

Discussion in '1.0.1 and SVN Builds' started by ramu, April 18, 2009.

1. nealeb

nealeb Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was disappointed to find no native mpeg recording, as I watch recordings using a MediaMVP player which expects that format. It's taken me years to get my wife to accept that...

I found that renaming to .mpeg and running it through VideoReDo ("Quickfix" option, from memory) gave me a playable output file but it's a bit of a pain to do it. I need to look at a bit of scripting so it happens in the background, maybe!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. guytpetj
    • Premium Supporter

guytpetj MP Donator

Director - Oil and Gas Exploration
    Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    VideoRedo can handle TS without renaming the file, the output will be a mpg file.
    I use this all the time to cut commercials, fix a bad ts file etc.

4. nealeb

nealeb Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks - I discovered the same thing when I looked at VideoReDo more closely! I used to use VRD a lot with my previous DigiTV tuners which tended to write files with errors or inconsistencies. Not sure that it was the tuners' fault but VRD fixed it anyway - with the bonus that it is a very easy tool for trimming start and finish overlaps and advert breaks!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!