No Picture in TV after resume from standby (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One of the most intensive plugins I have found using cpu, is the showtimes plugin (mtsa.exe), that has easily doubled MP's startup time, so if troubleshooting I would look there first if installed.

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2004
    Airy Crater, Mars
    Home Country
    Just a small update: due to a renovation my dish is disconnected & TVs have moved, meaninig I'm unable to do further testing at the moment.

Since cabling (DVB-S cables) has also become a big problem, I decided to use a multi-seat setup instead in the near future: server with separate dual DVB-S2 card (close to the dish!!) and 2 clients over WiFi (or Powerline/HomePlug).

I probably take the Cine S2 V6 with CI support (No MD*PI anymore!!) on my WHS2011 PC and get a small, fanless client to run MP on the TV side.

This all means I will start over with the installation with also a new version of MP.
    If the problem "No Picture in TV after resume from standby" is stil there, I will report back in this thread, otherwise the problem solved itself by using different hardware, configuration & software!

mm thanx for your quick replies & sorry for this late status update!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Happy new year and good to hear from you Mars Warrior :)

Sounds like quite a shake-up. I'd be interested to hear how you get on regardless of success or problems.

mm

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2004
    Airy Crater, Mars
    Home Country
    Good to see that 2012 hasn't changed your Lead Developer status :D:D

I will keep you posted with the result of my experiment.
    The first step is the easiest: a clean install of the current HTPC to function as one of the clients so we can watch movies and online video's using MP (The Boxee Box is now used for that).
    The second step, using an old PC as the TV server will be a bit harder: installing WHS2011, Cine S2 V6, smartcard, Dish...

If this all works, the TV Server stuff will be moved later this year to my upcoming miniITX Ivy Bridge server build (to replace my 5yr old S775 WHS v1 server).

I guess btw that the Cine S2 V6 with CI support does work flawlessly with super fast channel switching ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If this all works, the TV Server stuff will be moved later this year to my upcoming miniITX Ivy Bridge server build (to replace my 5yr old S775 WHS v1 server).
    Sounds nice! I'm looking forward to Ivy Bridge myself. It will be interesting to see whether AMD or Intel can offer the better value. I like AMD at the moment because their full featured motherboards tend to be cheaper and the GPUs are better, however the Intel processors have much better single thread CPU performance. We'll see what happens I gues.

I guess btw that the Cine S2 V6 with CI support does work flawlessly with super fast channel switching ;)
    From all that I have heard, yes if you have a compatible CAM. However I don't own any DD/Mystique tuners so I have no personal experience.

mm

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2004
    Airy Crater, Mars
    Home Country
    Sounds nice! I'm looking forward to Ivy Bridge myself. It will be interesting to see whether AMD or Intel can offer the better value. I like AMD at the moment because their full featured motherboards tend to be cheaper and the GPUs are better, however the Intel processors have much better single thread CPU performance. We'll see what happens I gues.
    I do like the Intel stuff more for servers, as their idle power consumption is really low, and on top of that their max consumption is also very low, which is very nice to keep things quiet, or power 6 disks + mobo/cpu with a 160W PicoPSU...
    From all that I have heard, yes if you have a compatible CAM. However I don't own any DD/Mystique tuners so I have no personal experience.

mm
    I've contacted Romijn who has the Cine S2 V6 + Astoncrypt + CanalDigitaal cam working to make the odds a bit higher on getting a perfectly working system:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom