[no Bug] No playback and no errors (1 Viewer)

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Log collector should also try and produce a screenshot of the graph it is trying to produce.

Also noticed that you have FFDShow set as a post-processing filter. Can you disable it to see if that helps? If not can you try removing (not just unticking) all post-processing filters

how exactly do i remove it? all its letting me do is uncheck it..

also is there anything else i can do for you. I'm at work but planning to run away and get the logs and do the tests for you.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    how exactly do i remove it? all its letting me do is uncheck it..

also is there anything else i can do for you. I'm at work but planning to run away and get the logs and do the tests for you.
    At work too... I think you double click to actually remove the post-processing filter.

No post-processing and logs via the collector should be enough to see what is going on

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    here you go....

i was able to remove the items in post processing by double clicking them.

file: using log collector 1 - ffa audio settings with dolby digital (ac3) and DTS unchecked
    = bad audio

file: using log collector 2 - ffa audio settings with dolby digital (ac3) and DTS checked
    = no playback

also attached my ffa audio settings

Attachments

• astroboy_movieinfo.txt
      30.7 KB
    • using log collector 1.zip
      30.7 KB
    • using log collector 2.zip
      30.7 KB
    • ffdshow audio settings.zip
      30.7 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Fairly sure this is a problem with FFDShow. MKV with HD audio is very tempremental and still changing each day.

I think it might be because there are two audio streams. Do you know whether you are using MPC Matroska Splitter or Haali?

Take it other videos are working fine?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    also thinking about it could you try a different audio codec which which does not support HD audio?

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    here you go....

another mkv with 2 audio streams but works..

attached is file info and logs

Attachments

• appaloosa.txt
      30.6 KB
    • appaloosa.zip
      30.6 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    here you go....

another mkv with 2 audio streams but works..

attached is file info and logs

This MKV only has non-HD audio. I guess this is the problem. I have had lots of issues and they change with each SVN release of FFDShow, it might be worth trying a later release.

Just to confirm though, everything works when you play the file in GraphStudio? If so can you right click the first box and see what that is (will either by MPC Matroska Splitter or Haali). Then could you run windowed mode MP and try the options where you get bad audio. Whilst this is playing select connect to remote graph in GraphStudio and connect. Again check this graph, it should be the same.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Are you using the latest version of haali, as there are some audio recognition fixes 27\03\2010

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    This MKV only has non-HD audio. I guess this is the problem. I have had lots of issues and they change with each SVN release of FFDShow, it might be worth trying a later release.

Just to confirm though, everything works when you play the file in GraphStudio? If so can you right click the first box and see what that is (will either by MPC Matroska Splitter or Haali). Then could you run windowed mode MP and try the options where you get bad audio. Whilst this is playing select connect to remote graph in GraphStudio and connect. Again check this graph, it should be the same.

in the file info audio 2 is Dolby TrueHD
    right click on 1 st box :
    appaloosa - MPC - Matroska
    astroboy - MPC - Matroska
    they both played fine in graphstudio..

Are you using the latest version of haali, as there are some audio recognition fixes 27\03\2010

i have saf500svn100412 which came out 12/4/2010 so i'm sure its in there..

Then could you run windowed mode MP and try the options where you get bad audio. Whilst this is playing select connect to remote graph in GraphStudio and connect. Again check this graph, it should be the same

never done this before but i'll try... can you elaborate any more about this process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom