[no Bug] No playback and no errors (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Then could you run windowed mode MP and try the options where you get bad audio. Whilst this is playing select connect to remote graph in GraphStudio and connect. Again check this graph, it should be the same

never done this before but i'll try... can you elaborate any more about this process?

Simply open up MP. If it is full screen press ctrl+enter to go into windowed mode. Have GraphStudio open at the same time. Start video playback in MP. In GraphStudio (whilst video is playing) select the connect to remote graph option in the file menu. Then use the screenshot option to show what you see there

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    here you go..

i'm doing this remotely... so there is a refresh rate issue with the MP window please ignore...

Attachments

• astroboy_remote_graph.png
      astroboy_remote_graph.png
      642.7 KB
    • appaloosa_remote_graph.png
      appaloosa_remote_graph.png
      460.4 KB

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    do you think if i went back to vista x64 ill still have a problem? considering that would be the 5th time i spin the pc....

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    ok spun up Vista and same problem

os and packages eliminated
    Vista x64
    Win 7 x64 and x32
    Moving Pictures any version

the no playback occurs if i have any options checked in the pass-through section

and only affects file containing DTS HDLossless if these options are unchecked playback is accelerated audio and video

accelerated playback is evident in MPClassic and soundgraph

edit: ive attached my ffdshow audio settings

Attachments

• ffdshow.rar
      30.6 KB

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    update:

late last nigh it redid everything spun up a fresh copy of Win7 and followed this guide
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/mediaportal-install-guide-49685/
    i wished i tried it sooner could of saved 2 months of aggravation...

my problem was with mkv files with both DTS/DD and HD LossLess audio in Graphstudio/MPClassic and MP..
    after redoing everything with the guides instructions i'm up and running...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    my problem was with mkv files with both DTS/DD and HD LossLess audio in Graphstudio/MPClassic and MP..

Glad you have it working. I thought it would be two audio tracks but I was unable to replicate this on my system. Do you have any idea which settings you had that were wrong in case anyone else is searching and comes across this with the same error??

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Glad you have it working. I thought it would be two audio tracks but I was unable to replicate this on my system. Do you have any idea which settings you had that were wrong in case anyone else is searching and comes across this with the same error??

Maybe old FFDShow decoders/splitters doesnot support HD losless audio so it simply ignored and make it working :)

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country

honestly i'm no codec master.. i'm not really sure..
    but the difference is that SAF i think dosent use AC3filter for pass trough maybe its a problem with ffdshow and pass trough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom