No proper DVD / Blu-ray / Music-CD playback (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    #4 Got a clear and easy report of inserting a music cd, hit fast-forward, hit play and reset to zero instead of playing from that particular point.
    Also going 1 time fast forward and 1 time backwards won't solve it and still can't playback from that point, in this case the timing gets all messed up.
    You may find that skip steps work better. This is certainly my experience across videos and TV. I don't use MP for music.
    @hwahrmann any thoughts? :)

Also about quicksync I tried to get an as good as example as I could... it's a mild form but still stutters and sound out of sync. Changed channels a few times, saw the stutters a few times, even going back the same channel sometimes it's gone, sometimes it's there but once it's there it won't go away till you change channels and it looks like the stutters and sync problems worsen over time. In this case I let it play the TV stream for about a minute before I closed MP down to make a log. These stutters are gone with DXVA2 but obviously I can't use that due blu-ray problems... it's one thing or the other. If you can't find it/see it i might try to find a more severe stutter some time when I got more time on my hands.
    Could you not simply use an alternative codec which supports DXVA for TV. For example, you have the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and CyberLink Video/SP Decoder codecs installed. Why not try using them? Also, I suggest you try using them for BD playback as well. Just because one codec (LAV) gives problems with BD playback when DXVA is enabled doesn't mean others will.

mm

Pokkie

Portal Member
    January 4, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've remembered using cyberlink ones in the past with problems with live tv, believe it still gave problems on my last setup with interlacing really badly but could check up on that. Also there was something up with the MS DTV filter before but can't remember what. So I went with DXVA from there as at the time I had no blu-ray drive yet. Simply be able to use different filters for different sources would solve my problem, but once I got some spare time will check again with just no telling when that'll be with my job and everything.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've remembered using cyberlink ones in the past with problems with live tv, believe it still gave problems on my last setup with interlacing really badly but could check up on that.
    Okay. Keep in mind that the Cyberlink codec has a property page too, and I believe it has deinterlacing settings (like LAV). To view/configure, click the screwdriver/spanner button next to the codec selection (as usual with LAV and any other codec). MP also has a deinterlacing setting for TV:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...uration/22_TV/1_TV_Client#Additional_Settings

Plenty of settings that can be checked/tweaked if something is not working quite right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom