Double

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you for the Script :)
    another question:

would it be possible to integrate the "Tagline" from imdb.com aswell ?
    i tried it myself, but NO WAY, this Script is too complex for me ;-)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does anybody talk to the devs? I think it will be very useful to integrate this file instead of the standard one...

Double

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does anybody talk to the devs? I think it will be very useful to integrate this file instead of the standard one...

This feature is already on the Roadmap for 0.8.0

"Movie Details Data Sources should ALL be check until a match is found"

not exactly the same, but it`s even better i think :)

--edit--

i think that it is only for check the second source if A MOVIE is not recognized at all..
    Maybe fforde could say if it possible to check the next sources for filling all the details ??

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

This feature is already on the Roadmap for 0.8.0

"Movie Details Data Sources should ALL be check until a match is found"

not exactly the same, but it`s even better i think :)

--edit--

i think that it is only for check the second source if A MOVIE is not recognized at all..
    Maybe fforde could say if it possible to check the next sources for filling all the details ??

Yes that is planned, the details haven't been determined yet though. But generally it is difficult to automate matching from multiple sources unless you have a common piece of data linking them (like IMDb ID in this case). For what it's worth it is currently possible to load your movies from IMDb then refresh the details from OFDb afterwards. The OFDb retrieval would only populate fields that it found details for so stuff like runtime and tagline would not be wiped out. I will try to write a guide on how to do this on the wiki after 0.7.1 is out.

And by the way I have added this updated version of the OFDb script to the new build.

Double

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you for the answer !

That is how I made it with my Database.
    First i used IMDB for matching all my movies, and then I did a re-scan with OFDB.

But with an existing Database it will become more difficult I think.

andijegg

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Rosenheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is there any solution to grab only the Playtime of the Entries?

I have About 600 Movies an many of them sort in my individual way, when I now update all datas from the ofdb my individual sorting is gone away.

So it is possible to import only the Playtime it own?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

is there any solution to grab only the Playtime of the Entries?

I have About 600 Movies an many of them sort in my individual way, when I now update all datas from the ofdb my individual sorting is gone away.

So it is possible to import only the Playtime it own?

Sorry, this is not possible right now. We have something like this planned for the future, but it will not happen for a while. :(

Users who are viewing this thread