No signal error - please help me understand my logs (1 Viewer)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

I have been happily watching TV for 5 days, but suddenly today I turn on the TV and get the No Signal error. However when i go into TV server config (see pic attached) and try to scan satellites, signal is very strong and quality is good too. Then after doing that, manual timeshifting works again, and if i fire up mediaportal, no more No Signal Error.

I have attached logs below - can anyone please tell me if this is something I can fix?

Thanks for a great app!
ay129

Attachments

• mytv.png
    mytv.png
    72.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello ay129

I have been happily watching TV for 5 days, but suddenly today I turn on the TV and get the No Signal error. However when i go into TV server config (see pic attached) and try to scan satellites, signal is very strong and quality is good too. Then after doing that, manual timeshifting works again, and if i fire up mediaportal, no more No Signal Error.
    It looks like TBS 6981 tuner A tuned fine, but tuner B had no signal. I'm not sure how you're splitting the signal to the two tuners but is it possible that could have something to do with it?

The other thing I noted immediately is that this particular channel does not appear to have been created by a full satellite scan. For DVB-S channels the modulation should be not set; for DVB-S2 QPSK channels the modulation should be QPSK; for DVB-S2 8 PSK the modulation should be 8 PSK. This may not have a direct impact on the problem for this channel, but I can't tell from this log that all your channels are configured in such a way that they'd work.

mm

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @mm1352000 thanks for your time in helping me out with this.

It looks like TBS 6981 tuner A tuned fine, but tuner B had no signal. I'm not sure how you're splitting the signal to the two tuners but is it possible that could have something to do with it?

I have just one of the twin tuners connected up at the moment - no signal splitting here.

The other thing I noted immediately is that this particular channel does not appear to have been created by a full satellite scan. For DVB-S channels the modulation should be not set; for DVB-S2 QPSK channels the modulation should be QPSK; for DVB-S2 8 PSK the modulation should be 8 PSK. This may not have a direct impact on the problem for this channel, but I can't tell from this log that all your channels are configured in such a way that they'd work.

Bingo @mm1352000 - I use @DJBlu 's custom data grabber plugin to scrape my TV EpG and this has its own scanning routine built in. Its possible that this plugin scanned a channel incorrectly. Is there a way to force the TVengine to revert to the last channel you were watching when you restart / resume mediaportal? That could be a way to avoid this issue.

Any other ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have just one of the twin tuners connected up at the moment - no signal splitting here.
    Ahhhh, okay. I see. I didn't read the log files carefully enough.
    The log file shows that you attempt to tune BBC 1 South East. The first tuner locks in on signal fine but for some reason [which I can't see without the TV Server error log - I'm assuming there is one] fails to start timeshifting. TV Server then tries the second tuner and fails to lock on signal because it is not connected to the dish. Hence the no signal message.

As I said, I can't tell why timeshifting with the first tuner fails. There is nothing in the log files you've supplied to give any clear indication of the cause. Earlier in the TsWriter log I see a bunch of:
    04-02-2014 17:56:00.57 MultiFileWriter: failed to create file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts

...so maybe your HDD is/was full?
    Otherwise I can only speculate that there is an error log that would help or that something about DJBlu's modifications is not happy. I don't know that I can help much more than that as I'm not familiar with DJBlu's modifications. Anybody using his custom version of TV Server should get support from him.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom