"No Signal" for some SAT Transponders (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TV Glozer

Portal Member
September 26, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a 7231 BDA tuner installed on a Win7 64bit system.
My Antenna has 2 LNB and points to Astra 19,2E and HotBird 13,0E, so I have a DiSEqC Multiswitch installed.
When trying to tune e.g. TP 11362 on Astra, TV Server does not find any signal "No Signal" appears (same for MP1 and 2), whereas on TP 12604 (Astra) all channels are found. When I check these TPs with Prog Finder, both have signal in good quality (TP 11362 S100%, Q100%; TP 12604 S60%, Q100%) and I can find the channels on both TP. Also with ProgTV/DVB, DreamDVB and MCE I can find the channels on TP 11362.
There are various other TP on Astra (about half of all TP) where I have the same "No Signal" problem (HotBird still not checked).
I've tried this also on another computer (having also a 7231 BDA card), and it's exactly the same!

Last edited:

TV Glozer

Portal Member
September 26, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Mh, as there is no response jet, I am trying to resolve that on my own. I think I have here similar problem as in this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-server-weak-dvb-s-signals.88040/ where a modification to module "TvCardDvbBase.cs" of MediaPortal-1 has been done (which code makes a part of TVLibrary.dll), and this change obviously did not made it into any release. I've already have all code of MP1 and MP2 on my PC, and I was able to locate this module in MP1, but I cannot find it in MP2. Any idea where it is? The TVEngine of MP1 and MP2 is the same as far as I have understood?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I finally got some time to look into it.

It seems to be the same problem as in the thread you posted. I just applied the patch from that thread. Just have to wait until it's half time in the Champions League match before I can test it ;)

@morpheus_xx : Which branch of the TV server (MP1) did you use to build MP2 Spring Release 16? I'm using the tag Release_1.14.0 now, i guess that should be about right.
    Any idea where i should push it to, if it works? ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Which branch of the TV server (MP1) did you use to build MP2 Spring Release 16?
    The branch is still the same:
    If you like to use the same codebase for MP2, please use this branch on my fork: https://github.com/morpheusxx/MediaPortal-1/tree/FEAT_TVE3_Sqlite.
    and it is now merged with 1.14 release.

In my branch are a few changes to TvLibrary (like loading filters by filename), so please make sure to use the linked branch above for MP2 use.

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I switched to the branch correct branchand applied the patch. Seems to be pretty stable. Have been using it in a multiseat setup for about a week now, no issues with any other channels, so it seems the patch does not influence anything else. So far, so good.
    I had one issue where i had to hardware-reset my tv tuner (Cinergy S2 USB), but I'm not sure if it's related (it does that sometimes anyway). But I'll have to test a little more.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom