no signal when scanning for channels using antenna and dual hd (1 Viewer)

paul faucheux

December 13, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
when scanning for tv channels using Hauppauge dual hd I get no signal when using an antenna. the antenna is 120 miles range and is placed as high as possible in my room why am I not getting any signals.

Attachments

• SetupTv-Error.log
    3.2 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the antenna is 120 miles range and is placed as high as possible in my room why am I not getting any signals.
    Antennas located in rooms are notorious for not being able to receive enough signal. If the transmitter is within (say) 5 miles and you have a direct line of sight to the transmitter (with no intervening obstructions), you may be able to receive enough signal. But if the transmitter is (say) 50 miles away, you will probably need to install an antenna outside on your roof.

Have you tried using an ordinary TV set to see if your antenna can receive enough signal?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    when scanning for tv channels using Hauppauge dual hd I get no signal when using an antenna. the antenna is 120 miles range and is placed as high as possible in my room why am I not getting any signals.

Does it work using the Hauppauge WinTV software? (if it doesn't, then MP probably won't either)

Note that MP can't share tuners with other software, so to use the tuner with MP you may need to stop WinTV from running in the background/uninstall it after testing with it.

Which version of MP are you using?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom