[no Bug] No standby if "EPG grabbing when idle" is enabled (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Conclusion: driver issue ->No bug

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Conclusion: driver issue ->No bug
    No bug in MP code at least...
    I would concentrate on reducing the time the EPG grabbing takes. I made the experience that EPG grabbing takes long time (never ending...) if it is configured to grab transponders not having (sufficient) EPG data. Then the grabber will try and try to repeat this transponder without success. But once the EPG data has been grabbed successfully the grabber will stop (also for idle grabbing) for the time configured (default 24 hours?) and also your drivers should not prevent shutdown any longer...
    Another option is to configure PS to force standby when it thinks the system is idle. Since PS does not see the legacy drivers it will not care about them and force a standby when no other activities (configured in PS) are preventing standby.

Michael

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another option is to configure PS to force standby when it thinks the system is idle. Since PS does not see the legacy drivers it will not care about them and force a standby when no other activities (configured in PS) are preventing standby.
    This used to be my setup until MP 1.5. I have not been able to configure my System in a way that MP/PS would control the shutdown and in the end shifted it over to Windows.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My HTPC never goes into sleep mode after upgrading to 1.6 final. Worked fine with 1.6 beta. Where exactly is EPG grabbing when idle? I want to disable to see what happens.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom