No subtitles on HD channels (1 Viewer)

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Wbunaarf,

I've done these changes in a "blind" way.
    Could you try this library ?

ambass

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Additionally, I do not know where is the bottleneck ( FireDTV card / CAM / Firewire / motherboard... ). May be I'm wrong but I think a 30000 symbol rate means around 240 Mbit/s that is probably a bit high to be continuously sustained on firewire.

From technical point of view I find it odd that they are limiting based on only PID count as in theory you could have 100 low bandwidth PIDs. for FTA channels at least it would be wise to do much fine grained filtering. Also many times the subtitle streams aren't encoded at all, so this should work also for non-FTA.

- check PMT for stream type
    - use 16 hard limit for audio and video streams only

Of course its not in our hands when it comes to some HW manufacturers limitation, unless its possible to change by a firmware. So, anyone want to try to talk with Digital Everywhere to find out if its really HW limitation or just firmware restriction.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I've done these changes in a "blind" way.
    Could you try this library ?

ambass

I just did a quick test, and subtitles does indeed seem to be working!

Could the change have impact on anything else which I should test?

Last edited:

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm. It may be completely unrelated, but I see an increased amount of 'unable to start timeshifting - No signal' and 'Unable to start timeshifting - No audio or video detected' (translated from swedish) when zapping. Also, I just had a frozen BBC HD picture with BBC Entertainment's sound since it still let me change channels.

I should add that my system specifications says mpv/coreavc, but I've been trying pdvd8/pdvd8 now for a while.

Last edited:

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    And here are logs.

First I was watching BBC HD. I then shut down mp, deleted the logs, restarted and chose tv/tv on. This resulted in 'no signal'. This is in no_signal.zip.

I then shut down mp again, restarted it, again tried to start tv on the last channel - once agan 'no signal'. I then chose another channel, and now it was unable to start graph. Once again I chose this other channel, and now I got picture. Then I changed back to BBC HD and got picture. This is in MediaPortalLogs_05_12_08,zip.

Once again, this may be completely unrelated. I have seen these errors before, but only very rarely.

Last edited:

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also have a problem with dvb subtitles on BBC HD. I'm using at the moment RC4 and have this problem for sure since RC3.

With the original tvlibrary from RC4 I get an .net framework 2.0 error in dvbsub2.ax when I have activated dvb subtitles. I can still keep viewing but an errorwindow is in the background. I tried one time the adjusted tvlibrary and then the client just got frozen.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I also have a problem with dvb subtitles on BBC HD. I'm using at the moment RC4 and have this problem for sure since RC3.

With the original tvlibrary from RC4 I get an .net framework 2.0 error in dvbsub2.ax when I have activated dvb subtitles. I can still keep viewing but an errorwindow is in the background. I tried one time the adjusted tvlibrary and then the client just got frozen.

Please provide a 30 second .ts clip that can be used to reproduce the issue. I'll try to have some free time to check the issue.

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Please provide a 30 second .ts clip that can be used to reproduce the issue. I'll try to have some free time to check the issue.

Hi. I made a zip file containing an ~34 second ts file. It's size is 68.4 MB, so it's too big for uploading as an attachment. How can I send it?

I tested the file and I could have the same error just by playing it. After about 8 seconds the error message pops up.

MediaInfo says it has both DVB subtitles and teletext streams.

VLC player shows DVB subtitles just fine with this file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom