No TV in MP window - get seperated activiemovie window? (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hi pnyberg,

I've read Your postings and that You do have the same card and the same problem. But as rtv wrote in Your threat there have been only some fixes and the graph should not be changed. I do understand rtv that from the MP developer team there shouldn't be any dramatic change so that or HW wound not be working anymore.

Also on both of my systems dxdiag shows no errors with dx9 and MP installed directx9.0c with out any problems. So I'm using a ThinkPad T40p as TV Client and lenovo writes on there homepage that the grafikcard is dx9 compatible.

Lenovo Support & downloads - Summary of changes for video driver (ATI Radeon, FireGL) for Windows XP, 2000 - ThinkPad A31, A31p, R40, R40e, R50, R50p, R51 (1829, 1830, 1831, 1836), T30, T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p, X31, X32

Also if our hardware wonldn't dx9 compatible, I think there should also no actionmovie window showing the TV program. I Found out, that happend if the calling programm (MP) causes any trouble calling the rendering and windows opens a seperate window to play the video.

So I'm sure You are right about old HW because on newer systems I do not have this problems. But I didn't find a information that there was a major change in MP so I do hope that the deveolpers for that part of MP will have an other look to that problem and hopfully find in the logs where this errorcode 0x8876086c comes from. There are plenty of postings in the developer forums in the internet about that topic.

ramu

So hope they will fix that problem because changing a card is one thing, buy a new notebook an other...

sid11

February 21, 2009
I've been trying to keep up with this thread to see if it eventually will solve my problem. I have an avtivemovie window problem(it pops up). Only when watching TV or recorded TV. TV series plugin works fine. This started when I upgraded to 1.0.2 from 1.0.1. I have done a fresh install, updated drivers, reinstalled directx and much more. MY computer currently has Directx 10. Not sure were to go from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom