[TV] No TV on Client after resuming Server from standby (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
After waking my Server from standby and cold booting my Client, MP just freezes when I select a channel from the EPG and I have to hard close it. LiveTV on the Server machine works fine. To get it working on the Client I have to stop and restart the TVService.

The Server begins Timeshifting properly and the firewalls on both machines show a connection on the streaming port (1100) has been established between them but no data is passing.

I've attached logs for both machines when LiveTV on the client is not working and working. At 11:46 is when I successfully watched LiveTV on the Server, 11:49 is when the Client froze when trying to watch LiveTV and 11:56 is when it worked after I restarted the TVService.

MediaPortal Version: v1.1 rev23491
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Intel P4 2.8Ghz Northwood (non-HT)
HDD: 500GB Western Digital SATA
Memory: 1.5GB DDR
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8i848-PM
Video Card: Leadtek FX5600 256MB VIVO
Video Card Driver: 175.19
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC655)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6300
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.26168.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: MPC - Video Decoder
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Nexus 120mm Intake Fan, Accelero S2, Mini Ninja
Power Supply: DELL DA-2 AC->12v DC, mCubed EF28 DC-DC board
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So just to get this straight.

When you resume the PC (where TvServer is installed) from S3/S4, then MediaPortal/MyTV works nicely on this PC.
    But no other PC in the LAN is able to watch TV until you restart the TvService?

At 11:49 the ServerPC correctly creates an RTSP Stream
    27-09-2009 11:49:26 Stream server: url for stream is rtsp://192.168.1.64:1100/stream2.0

But why are you not using the default RTSP port?

can you pelase do the following?
    1. send Pc where TvServer is installed to S3
    2. resume PC where TvServer is installed
    3. start MediaPortal on Tv-Server PC and tune any channel
    4. look into streamingserver.log to find the rtsp adress
    5. start any of your clients in the lan
    6. start vlc on the client pc
    7. use the rtsp streamadress from streamingserver.log to connect to the RTSP stream
    8. what happens?

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I had the same problem... if I remember well I had to deselect "reinitialize server" in powerscheduler configuration to avoid the problem (it was not necessary with floppy-dtv cards).

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Chris

It seems this problem is down to the port being bound as I reported here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...v-not-working-client-port-bound-server-70868/

For some reason, whenever I boot or resume from standby the Server, it shows that whatever port is set is already bound (that's why I changed from default, to see if it made any difference) and I have to stop and restart the service to fix this.

I got rather annoyed having to do this so I did a fresh install of XP and MP on a separate partition and this doesn't have this problem thankfully. I'm using the same firewall (Kerio 2.1.5) on both partitions (I tried uninstalling it on the non-working system but it didn't help) and I can't find any application/service trying to use ports 54 or 1100. I've updated all versions of MP to rev23684 now but I still have the same problem on the original partition.

snoekieboe

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a simillar issue with the tv server on Windows 7.
    Windows 7 has MP installed in singe seat mode ( both tvserver and client on the same machine ).

After a cold boot tv works like a charm, but after resuming from S3 standby MP cannot tune into tv channels anymore.
    I throws "an unknow error has occured" messages....

After restarting the TV Service, everything works as normal again.

If i take a look at the 3rd party check it always says port 554 is already bound as soon as the problems occur.

snoekieboe

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did some more investigation and noticed the following:

After a cold start of my HTPC ( win 7 mp 1.1.0 ) TVservice.exe is not yet listening on port 554 for a connection. ( netstat -a -b )
    This results in a WORKING tv client in MP.
    As soon as MP is started a connection on port 554 is made by TVservice.exe ( like it should )

After resuming from S3 standby, the connections on port 554 are NOT dropped and remain idle causing multiple instances of TVservice.exe to listen on port 554.
    After restarting the TVservice everything returns to normal again and i can watch TV.

This problem seems to dissapear after installing the Mediacenter Standbytool (Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool (MST)).
    I've been using this for over a day now and performed numerous standby resume actions, but TV in MP is still working???

There must be some sort of setting that Mediacenter StandbyTool changes causing this problem to disappear ( perhaps a better working S3 config as my HTPC seems to go into S3 standby much faster after installing the tool.

nachttier

Portal Pro
    March 31, 2006
    Viernheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The behavior and log files of the client look very similar to what I and another user experienced and reported here and here.
    Deactivation of 'initialize tuner' option solved the problem for me (but made stopping live tv before going into standby mandatory).

Regards
    nachttier

snoekieboe

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The behavior and log files of the client look very similar to what I and another user experienced and reported here and here.
    Deactivation of 'initialize tuner' option solved the problem for me (but made stopping live tv before going into standby mandatory).

Regards
    nachttier

But thats based on systems where the Powerscheduler plugin is used in combination with tvserver.
    I experience the same issues without the powerscheduler plugin.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi snoekieboe,
    As I have also this problem since a long time now, I tried to install Mediacenter Standbytool as you did but it doesn't change anything. The problem is still there.
    What settings did you use on Mediacenter Standbytool? In case it's a specific settings, I tried a few ones without success.

Thanks,
    Ced

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom