No TV Server Configuration (1 Viewer)

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
- not everyone is 24x7x365 like mm1352000 [and how in the name of Satan's bottom you manage that is beyond me, if I wore a hat to hide the criminal bald spot that's snuck on me in past 30yrs , I'd doff it to you and then some(y)

TTFN - JCMP.

LOL
I'm wondering about his sleep cycles for years now.

ldarms44

Portal Member
November 2, 2015
Huntsville, AL
Home Country
I am using an HP Pavilion with Windows 7 Home Premium. The right clicking was on the unzipped file. Someone said run from an admin account - how do I do that? Am I the only one that is having such a problem with this Media Portal??

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
Not really:sneaky:
But that's actually a windows problem.
When you use the windows explorer and double click the zip file, look on top of the window, somewhere it will say "Extract...." there you tell windows where to extract the file to.
THEN you right click the extracted file.....

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ldarms44 ,

Alright, here is a detailed step-by-step procedure to guide to the install:
    1. Open Explorer and search the installer file that you downloaded. It should have the extension "zip". (if you look at the little icon on fron of the file name, you may notice that it is differnet from the usual folder icons in terms of virtually showing a zipper)
    2. Right-click on the zip-file and select Extract All from the submenu
    3. In the following screen keep the suggested prefilled path information and click the Extract button at the bottom of the dialogue
    4. Check the explorer view again: You will now see a new directory with the same name as the installer file.
    5. Open the directory: you can now run the exe file and install MediaPortal
    Regards,
    HTPCSourcer

ldarms44

Portal Member
    November 2, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Home Country
    Thank you very much for the step by step procedure. There was one more step after Extract All-Open Containing Folder. Anyway I got to "Run as Administrator" which I did and installed. When it go to installing and installing SQL 5 and the green bar got all the way across I got the wonderful message "X Failed to install application [MySQL 5.6]". Any other suggestions?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hhm, strange. Did the above installation create the MediaPortal icons on your desktop? If so please call up the Watchdog, select the third option "Collect all available logs" and click on "Proceed" . You'll see some dialogue windows with green progress bars opening. Once complete, close the Watchdog (red cross top right of the dialogue window) and upload the new new Mediaportal...zip file that was created on your desktop.

ldarms44

Portal Member
    November 2, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Home Country
    I want to thank all who have been trying to help me with MP 1. I went ahead and installed Windows 10 and this, of course, uninstalled Windows Media Center (WMC). I think WMC was my problem. When I ran MP 1 everything seemed to work right. I did not get the message; "Failed to install application [MySQL 5.6]". I get all the TV channels and I can do timed recording. I can not get the TV Guide-all it says is:"No Data Available". All of my TV channels are off the air (no cable) with the antenna connected directly to the TV card. I think I did everything right in the TV Server setup. If anyone knows any tricks to get the TV Guide to populate I would appreciate letting me know.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV guide in the US is a special topic. As far as I know there is no "off the air" data service like in Europe for DVB-S and DVB-T channels, but I may be wrong.

From what I've read in the forum for the US the recommendation is to go with a paid service (Direct Schedule) and load guide information from there. Run a forum search for Direct Schedule and EPG and you should get plenty of hits.

Users who are viewing this thread