No video/audio detected ... (1 Viewer)

Franky

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
ITALY
Home Country
Italy Italy
I tried different TVserver versions till tvengine3-07-06-2007--01-25h--Rev15088.
But for me the problem is still present. When I change channel and transponder usually TVServer doesn't responds and noaudio/video error appear.
Last working TVServer for me always tvengine3-06-11-2007--01-22h--Rev14858.
The problem is probably related with the timeshift pointer buffer bug fix, infacct now when i change channel the timeshift buffer is correct but with a lot of channels I get the error...

daan640

Portal Member
December 1, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After installing SVN 15155 I had the "no audio/video" message as well. I also installed the new SVN for MP itself and change my configuration from multi seat to single seat. First thing I tried to go back to a previous SVN but that doesn't help. After that I thought I had a week signal, but I still was able to scan the channels in the TvSetup program.

On my Freecom DVB USB stick there are two Leds. If the stick is tuned well and the signal strength is enough the green lid is lit otherwise the yellow LED is lit. I found out that as soon as MP starts during the white splash screen the green LED was put out and the yellow LED lit, indicating that it is untuned. Entering the TV screen results in the "no audio/video" message.

Finely I found out a solution:
I stopped the TV service and deinstalled the plugin. Then I altered the original MP configuration by adding a my TV card. I scanned for channels. After that I tried MP and all went right. So at this time I had the original MP configuration without server. Finaly, after stopping MP, I reinstalled the serverplugin, restarted the TV service and started MP again. I don't even delete the tv cards in the original MP configuration. It works al fine. Problem solved.

I guess that although the plugin is installed, there i something in the first startup phase of MP that tries to do something with the DVB stick. After that the plugin is loaded and tries to do something with the DVB stick via the TV eserver, but it fails, because something went wrong during startup.

May be this helps others to get rit of the "no audio/video" message and may be it is a sort of bug or unknown feature.

EDIT: After rebooting the problem is there again :-( I have to do the sequence again. If I go back to the standard TV plug in, I have no problems. The only issue I don't like to the standard plug in is the fact that if I stop MP, it stops recording.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I fixed it..

its very easy..

install the firewire patch for windows xp SP2 (see requirements)

CFC

Portal Member
    December 16, 2007
    SVN 15031.. still no joy :( still getting no audio/video on first channel start. Thereafter all is ok.
    which has nothing to do with this recently introduced issue. :)

and is allready know since a looooooooooooooooooong time ;)

This mantis item (#974) is shown as resolved; what was the resolution? It doesn't indicate which version fixed it (i'm using latest SVN)
    I think I'm getting this problem, meaning first try I get "no audio/video" message, and then it's good afterwards. Perhaps I missed what the solution is.

Thanks,
    CFC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom