No video/audio detected ... (1 Viewer)

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have tried manually to record some tvshows in the tvserver setup. Its working without any problems. But when I enter Mediaportal - the screen is black and no sound.

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have done some progress in my seach for the bug. It seems to be a codec problem for me (using Hauppauge Nova-T).

Im now using InterVideo NoneCSS for Hauppauge codec. Its working now.

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
Aberdeen, Scotland
MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal 2.0.4 SVN 24/10/06 10:00
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP2
CPU Type: AMD 64 4000+
HDD: Western Digital 300GB AT133
Memory: 2GB Dual Channel PC3200
Motherboard: MSI RS420-IL mATX
Video Card: Sapphire ATI X800GTO 256MB
1. TV Card: LifeView DVB-T Duo Hybrid
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T/Analogue
MPEG2 Video Codec: NewSoft MPEG Video Decoder Filter (MPEG1/2)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: NewSoft Audio Decoder Filter
HTPC Case: SilverStone Tek LC11M
Cooling: Zalman CNPS7700-ALCU 120mm CPU and VF700 Series Quiet VGA
Power Supply: SilverStoneTek 230W TruPower
Remote: iMon Remote
TV: Samsung 32" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Okay, changed my Television decoder filters to:-

NewSoft MPEG Video Decoder Filter (MPEG1/2)
NewSoft Audio Decoder Filter

I can now use VLC to connect to the stream using the rstp://ipaddress/stream3 method. I've got to say the quality is fantastic with no stutter at all and that's over a 54g wireless connection!! Lots of thanks to the guys for this as its probably the coolest feature I've seen since I started using Mediaportal 18 months ago!!!

I still can't connect to the MP TV Server from another PC though. Just a blank screen, not tv, no sound and no error message. TV Server utility on the HTPC server shows my client as connected though. Set the decoders on the client to match the decoders on the server but still no joy.

I did read somewhere on a sticky on one of the forums that its recommended to use the NVidia PureVideo decoders so I might try that. Also, I haven't downloaded any of the SVN's since Tuesday so will also try that.

gos

October 28, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Ladies/Gents,

Have an ASUS TV/FM 7134 (Analogue) tv card and get some problems with tuning/scanning for tv/radio channels with new tvengine:
1. when pressing "scan channels" the scan starts ok and progress bar moves as intended, but no channels/signals seems to be detected and thus stored.
2. When trying to scan for radio channels I get an error message saying that my card does not support FM radio (this is not the case)

FYI
With older version of MP the TV/radio tuning functionality works fine with this card. Only big problem i've had is that picture is out of sync with sound :-/ (sound comes 2-3 secs "before" the picture. Well, actually sound is ok, but picture is "delayed" it appears when my regular tv is run on the side to compare)

Any help much appreciated!

Keep up the good work!!

:D
/gos
[My Setup]
HTPC software: MP - v0.2.0 SVN build 11370, Intervideo Home Theatre

OS - MS XP Home. Version 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
System - HP Pavilion 061 (Intel Pentium D (2x3Ghz)), X86-based PC, ED757AA-ABN w5180.no
CPUs (1&2) - x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
BIOS version - Phoenix, LTD 3.03, 19.05.2005
SMBIOS version - 2.4
RAM - 2GB total, 1.4GB currently available
M.Board - Intel(R) 945G/P PCI Express
TV Card - ASUS TV/FM 7134 (Analogue) WDM driver 2.3.1.7
Sound - Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS, Driver; ctaud2k.sys version 5.12.01.0443-1.84.0030
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 6800, Driver; nv4_disp.dll version
Discs - 300GB, NTFS, Fixed + 150GB, NTFS, HP Personal Media Drive

-------------------------
1 Nov 2006: 17:29 CET.
Just an update. Problem persists with latest svn's. see attached logs and screen dumps.

running as as single-seat installation

another thing: Weather plugin (which is great by the way) only works when user with adm priv. are logged on. Would be great if all "users could use it". I at least only use adm user when installing software etc. (when required) so try to make functionality available to all type pc "users"

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
Aberdeen, Scotland

Quick update. Applied the latest SVN's for Mediaportal and TV-Server on Friday night. Since then when I do a channel scan I get the full list of channels that I used to get.

Found out the reason why I couldn't connect to the TV server from a client. Stupidity on my part unfortunately :-( I had to reconfigure my wireless router due to a failed firmware update and forgot to reserve the IP address of the TV server. Unfortunately in the period between getting the decoder filters sorted out and testing with the Mediaportal TV Server client the DHCP issued ip address on the TV-Server had changed. Ooops.

So, anyway, moving swiftly on from my stupidity. TV Server client now connects to the TV server (using the correct IP address!?!) and I can see the TV just fine. Quality is excellent and there is not a lot of stutter. Only problem is frequently when changing channels I lose the video. Switching off MyTv and then switching it back on again resolves the issut but its a bit of a pain.

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
Aberdeen, Scotland

Quick update. Applied the latest SVN's for Mediaportal and TV-Server on Friday night. Since then when I do a channel scan I get the full list of channels that I used to get.

Found out the reason why I couldn't connect to the TV server from a client. Stupidity on my part unfortunately :-( I had to reconfigure my wireless router due to a failed firmware update and forgot to reserve the IP address of the TV server. Unfortunately in the period between getting the decoder filters sorted out and testing with the Mediaportal TV Server client the DHCP issued ip address on the TV-Server had changed. Ooops.

So, anyway, moving swiftly on from my stupidity. TV Server client now connects to the TV server (using the correct IP address!?!) and I can see the TV just fine. Quality is excellent and there is not a lot of stutter. Only problem is frequently when changing channels I lose the video. Switching off MyTv and then switching it back on again resolves the issue but its a bit of a pain.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal-svn--10-31-2006--17-41-Rev11428.exe
    Windows Version: xp pro sp2
    CPU Type: barton 2500
    HDD: 100 gb WD IDE
    Memory: 1 gb DDR400
    Motherboard: abit an7
    Motherboard Chipset: nf2
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: ati 9500
    Video Card Driver: 6.10 CCC
    Sound Card: soundstorm onboard
    Sound Card AC3: soundstorm onboard
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: skystar2
    1. TV Card Type: dvb-c
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.4
    2. TV Card: yakumo dvb-t usbstick
    2. TV Card Type: dvb-t
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: nvidia purevideo
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: nvidia purevideo
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: ati
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: PJ- HDMI

I tried latest SVN of everything today.
    tvserver
    mediaportal
    +tv server plugin

Same problem I get on the remote client.
    unable to start timeshifting.
    No video/audio detected ...

If I do a single-seat then I have no problem surfing skystar2/dvb-c channels.
    Also the dvb-t channels are working.
    With singleseat I mean that the same PC is used as tvserver and GUI client backend.

When I do a remote client, then skystar2 channels are working fine, but dvb-t are not.

Check the attached logs.

gibman

Mercurial

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When you first start MP with TVE3, you may get the 'Unable to start timeshifting. No Audio/Video detected' message. Try changing to another channel, on a different multiplexer. I have found this to work. All other channels, including the one giving the error message to start with , then work for me. It is a bit annoying to get to work. But, once working it works very well. I think Frodo is doing a fine job!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When you first start MP with TVE3, you may get the 'Unable to start timeshifting. No Audio/Video detected' message. Try changing to another channel, on a different multiplexer. I have found this to work. All other channels, including the one giving the error message to start with , then work for me. It is a bit annoying to get to work. But, once working it works very well. I think Frodo is doing a fine job!
    known issue -->Mantis974 <--

Jaddi01

Portal Member
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just wanted to add my voice to the thread, as I'm not able to comment within mantis. I too have the same problem. Using Latest SVN's (as of 26.06.07) for both MP and TV Server/Client. Running under Vista on a Twinhan bog standard DVB-S (1030).

Stange thing is though. I had a network error on my Vista and unfortunatenly had to do a fresh test re-install and then basically put my latest backup on again. In the process of the re-insall...i.e. Upgrade of vista, I noticed the problem with the timeshift error had dissappeared. However I could not keep my system in that condition for other reasons and am now runnig on my old backup which still has the Timeshift fault.

I also tried to reproduce this reinsall over my current backup, but you guessed it....didn't seem to solve the issue this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom