No video/audio detected (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I get the same problem with a Technotrend s2 3200, so i wouldnt say its all to do with the firewire patch.
    Then you dont get the powerevent 537 in your tvserver log now do you ?

if you want me to help you .. post your logfiles..from tvserver.. but do so when you are experiencing the problem BEFORE you restart the service or reboot.. (logs are cleared)
    zip them and attach them here.. i will have a look for you.. as will others probably..

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you read this thread you see that also Vista users have this problem with PCI cards like DVB-C (like me) :(

Though whenever I get the problem I tune the same channel two more time. It works on the third try (almost) always :confused:

I only get the problem when the tv server has been idle for a couple of hours. Perhaps DVB EPG grab related?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I only get the problem when the tv server has been idle for a couple of hours. Perhaps DVB EPG grab related?

Easiest way to troubleshoot this issue is to disable EPG grabber for fewe days and see if the issue is cured or not.

Buteo

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Here are mine test results:
    1) Start recording a program
    2) See in the log that the PID for video and audio are found
    3) After a while the recording is ending
    4) TvServer becomes 'idle'
    5) In TvServer manualy start timeshift
    6) Now the msg No Video-Audio detecte is coming
    7) Restart the TvService and everything starts from the beginning.

This msg is always displayed and I can reproduce the error. It´s like somthing is not ´resetting´ or 'giving it free'. Right sounds stupid :)

If someone from development wants to have a look at my system, I'am willing to help with a VNC connection. or so..

Also see the logfile, where the second time the PID found is missing... (or it must be a normal behavior?)

Christian

fasuxe

Portal Pro
    January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What version of WinDVR do you have installed? What happens if you open WINDVR and watch TV for about 10 or 15 minutes? I had an issue where my video would stop working too. I solved my own problem. I forgot to register WinDVR and it was only playing about 10 min or so of video then quitting because of the time restriction. So, if you're using the trial version, you have to register it.

fasuxe

Portal Pro
    January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Without a doubt. That was the issue i had. If its not registered, mediaportal will freeze after about 10 min. or so.

Buteo

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    YES, thanks again fasuxe. Registering WinDVR was the trigger for me! Now the above scenario is working fine... Now I can see in the log that the PID is find everytime there is a new recording.

Thanks a lot, for me it is the solution..

Christian

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I get the same problem with a Technotrend s2 3200, so i wouldnt say its all to do with the firewire patch.
    Then you dont get the powerevent 537 in your tvserver log now do you ?

if you want me to help you .. post your logfiles..from tvserver.. but do so when you are experiencing the problem BEFORE you restart the service or reboot.. (logs are cleared)
    zip them and attach them here.. i will have a look for you.. as will others probably..

Same problem here with the Haupauge HVR-4000 combo card. I can easily view the analoge channels with WinTV but the MP preview alwways fails. And yes I'm getting the powerevent 537 too. I have built a brandnew XP pro system with SP3 for the server but no luck so far. I cannot watch any TV channels nor record it or start timeshifting.

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Just a small update: I had XP Pro SP3 on my brandnew server where the problem described occured.

I now did a full reinstall with Vista 64 on the same machine and installed all 64bit drivers for audio, graphics and Hauppauge card. I then installed RC01 singleseat and everything is working fine so far (TV is juddering a little, but this doesn't belong to this thread). Is this problem OS realted ?

Cheers
    Robby3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom