[nonafo] - !!!!overscan friendly with latest SVN!!!!! (1 Viewer)

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    thanks htpc_for_me, i also had a look on that. i have another idea on that what could make it possible for every skin to be displayed without overscan on overscan tv's. the idea is rendering the whole screen output to a texture (that is stored in gfx-card memory) and then resize / reposition it to fit in the inner rectangle of the pic you just posted, outputting that image then to the monitor instead of the original one. i don't know if that's possible but i think there will be a way to do so.
    i will (try) to talk with frodo on that as i think this is also a nice addition to mediaportal. skinners and users could benefit of that alot, but as i said, it's just a quick idea i had today.
    also 16:9 skins on 4:3 screens could be possible then (with black borders but without stretching) and the other way arround.

marshall

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think this looks awesome.

I am a little disturbed by the high volume of "overscan" related posts. Can we just let mofux finish his basic skin and then mod it later? I would like a 16:9 version, but I'll let him work his magic on the screen he has, get a product he's happy with, and then maybe start pestering for a 16:9 version (or asking permission to modify it myself if he doesn't have time/desire).

mofux, keep up the good work; it's brilliant.

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    If you wish, I’m more than happy to work in conjunction with you to make a 16:9 version so it can be released at the same time as 4:3. Just grant me the 4:3 version as it goes along in its’ growth and I’ll adapt it to 16:9. But if you wish to keep it under raps for now, I understand.

Keep up it.

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    mofux said:
    thanks htpc_for_me, i also had a look on that. i have another idea on that what could make it possible for every skin to be displayed without overscan on overscan tv's. the idea is rendering the whole screen output to a texture (that is stored in gfx-card memory) and then resize / reposition it to fit in the inner rectangle of the pic you just posted, outputting that image then to the monitor instead of the original one.

I don't think its even has to be that hard - you are describing defered rendering - but that isn't necessary, all we really need is to be able to change the presentation window position and/or adjust all transforms for the virtual screen size. I made the suggestion a long time back that the settings available to adjust overscan for fullscreen tv/video should be extended to the whole interface in general.

Here's the thread:
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6158&highlight=

As you can see, unfortunately it didn't really go anywhere.
    I'm happy to take a look at implementing this... but might take a while as time's always an issue.

BigJ.

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    oh, didn't know that there is something like this already. i wrote frodo today, we'll see if and what he answers...

i also did some work on the tv-home screen. i don't like it that much as it is now so i think there will be some changes in there, but just to show something off and feed your hungry mouthes, heres an image :)

<image removed/updated>

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    ok, did a new tv home screen, like it much better than the one i posted before

new_tvhome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom