Not all scheduled recordings are shown in EPG (1 Viewer)

Alphathon

Portal Pro
July 15, 2010
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Sorry to resurrect a 3-month old thread, but I just thought I'd let you guys know I've also experienced this issue sporadically for years. (I stumbled across this thread while searching for ways to speed up EPG and recordings access.)

It's happened to me for quite some time (since at least since 2010), but not on any regular basis as far as I can tell. Given that it was a relatively inconsequential issue though I never really bothered to report it, and I suspect many others may be the same. (Sort of a "that's weird - oh well, whatever" attitude.) I honestly cannot remember how far back this goes, but it's at least to 1.2.2 and possibly 1.2.0, I'm not sure. I didn't notice any change when upgrading to 1.2.3.

I'm using MySQL (set up prior to the installation of MP as part of WAMP) and have largely used only the UK OTA DVB (Freeview) EPG, although after I got my DVB-T2 card Oct 2010 I added some WebEPG listings in to the mix for the HD channels, and have recently added several more (maybe 50 channels-worth, regional variations notwithstanding) for sat (19.2°E) listings. It's happened with various skins (I'm currently using one of my own making, but its also happened on "DefaultWide" and "DefaultBlue"). I haven't noticed any errors in the logs associated with its occurrence.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Old thread or not .... thanks for the report. Still happening here, frequently, changes from week to week, I just , as you say, deal with it and go on. My programs are recorded as scheduled, whether they show up or not, so I just don't worry about it. Maybe some day it will be sorted out.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe this is EPG data related. If the data slightly change after you schedule it, maybe it's not shown any more.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Perhaps if someone can post their TV database file, and give us precise information about a schedule that is set but not showing in the EPG ?

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I also have had this problem for a while on multiple versions. I am running 1.3.0Alpha currently. It appears to me that it is when a station updates the EPG and moves the times slightly from when the original shedule was set that this is when it doesn't show up in the EPG.

Regards,

Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom