MP2 - V2.1 Not exiting (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirath

Portal Member
August 2, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I disabled Avast but no change. The only firewall I'm running is the default Win7 one, which I didn't think to disable until after the test. I'll try that after the next reboot.

As for the network environment --
When I first installed MP2, I was running a configuration where I had a 10/100 modem/router, with a gigabit router connected to the modem. All PC's were connected to the gibabit. Since then, I don't have the modem/router but everything is still connected to the gigabit. I don't remember at which point I changed the IP addresses, but I must have. That is, the router is assigning IP's in the 192.168.2.100 range, which is certainly not the default.
hm, I have a bunch of port forwards assigned in the router using 192.168.1.x, which certainly suggests it used to be that way (I guess my memory isn't as good as it used to be!). So if there's something in MP2 that may be looking at an old IP address, let me know where to look.

Do you want me to try a complete uninstall?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is, the router is assigning IP's in the 192.168.2.100 range, which is certainly not the default.
    That is fine.

hm, I have a bunch of port forwards assigned in the router using 192.168.1.x
    That could be a problem, depending on what kind of forwarding you are applying. You may check the settings for the HTTP server port and the IP address bindings in the conection part of the MP2 settings, however, I don't think there is a issue or you would not be able to use MP2 at all.

Do you want me to try a complete uninstall?
    This is something that you could easily try without risk.
    1. Uninstall MP2
    2. Rename the folder \ProgramData\Team MediaPortal
    3. Reboot (just for safety)
    4. Reinstall MP 2.1 pre2
    Now test if you can start and stop the client without problems.

Sirath

Portal Member
    August 2, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry for my lack of response -- I was in an accident the day of my previous post and my priorities changed. But I wanted to get back to this and let you know what's happened, which is that a couple weeks ago I did a fresh install of Win10 and MP2 and it's been working great.

However, I do have a theory: when I installed MP2 this time, I noticed that it installed a separate program (dokan library) which is listed in Windows Uninstall programs. I'm not saying with absolute certainty whether I had done this or not, but would uninstalling dokan result in the behavior I described...?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom