Not finding/matching new series - thetvdb issue? (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Australia Australia
Country flag
I'm experiencing issues with My TVSeries scanning new series that aren't currently in my DB.
In the popup in MePo it will say new series found and then not list any to select from. Only Skip, Skip & Ignore or manual search.
If I manually search, it still comes up with no entries.

If I perform a scan through the settings app, when it gets to the page to identify series, it also finds no matches there as well.

In the log at the bottom of the screen, I also see a few messages of not being able to get a zip file from API and added to API cache folder. When I check in the folder on my PC it is empty, whereas other folders have a couple of files in there.

Is there a wider-spread issue at the moment, or is it something to do with my setup? Though it's been worked flawlessly for several years.

Some of the errors I get:
Code:
Unable to connect to 'https://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/updates/updates_day.zip'. Error = 'The operation has timed out'
Retrieving Data from 'https://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/series/275274/all/en.zip'
Unable to connect to 'https://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/series/275274/all/en.zip'. Error = 'The operation has timed out'
Also:
Code:
Found 1 unknown Series, attempting to identify them now
Retrieving Data from 'https://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Firefly&language=en'
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Data></Data>
Found 0 possible matches for "Firefly"

And finally:
Code:
Retrieving Data from 'https://thetvdb.com/api/User_Favorites.php?accountid=<myidkey>'
Unable to connect to 'https://thetvdb.com/api/User_Favorites.php?accountid=<myidkey>'. Error = 'The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.'
Though I don't keep a favourites list or rate episodes, etc so assuming this isn't that much of an issue for myself.

Last edited:

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Australia Australia
Country flag
Thanks. That must have been the case as all good now.

Is there anywhere we can check that indicates if TVDb are having API issues, etc?

G4il1

Portal Member
February 4, 2008
Country flag
I have had my Mediaportal closed for 2 months due to apartment renovations and today when I got back and started with running MP-TVSeries to import all missed series there are no matches to any series after after March 11th.
So is this the end to this plugin and connection to thetvdb or is it just temporary?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Not the end of the plug-in, I’m updating it in the background to support retrieval form themoviedb.org, I’ve been a bit slow as I started a new job so there has been quite a big distraction with that.

I do believe the plug-in will no longer work after March 31stdue to API v1 being switched off, although my dates could be wrong on that.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    Not the end of the plug-in, I’m updating it in the background to support retrieval form themoviedb.org
    Any test version? The second day I can not update the new series, all the time the error.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I have a working version on a branch, but it does not support upgrades. Essentially I’m storing the series IDs in the same dB field which can lead to issues if same as an existing tvdb. I haven’t had time to think about what to do there yet

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    I have a working version on a branch, but it does not support upgrades. Essentially I’m storing the series IDs in the same dB field which can lead to issues if same as an existing tvdb. I haven’t had time to think about what to do there yet
    Perhaps prefix database themoviedb entries with like "tmbd{id}"? It would obviously create a few extra if-then clauses to support/detect, but it saves you from having to add another column, or table to keep track. If the field has to be a number then maybe make the tmdb negative, or add some large seed number.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    Perhaps prefix database themoviedb entries with like "tmbd{id}"?
    I think you can make a universal option, add a table matching ID and enter internal numbering, and quietly continue the existing database. For new series, take the maximum ID in the database, and add one unit at a time. And in the matching table, enter the Series, and known IDs.

Internal ID - Series - TVDB - TMDB - IMDB - etc ...

During the first update, fill in the TVDB from the existing database, i.e. Current TVDB -> Internal ID and -> TVDB for Series, Seasons, Episodes

Internal ID - Series - TVDB - TMDB - IMDB - etc ...
    121361 - Game of Thrones - 121361 - null - null

Next, for all new series just increase ID by 1. ie Max(Internal ID) + 1

This way it will be flexible and you can use multiple sources, both together and as a reserve.

Users who are viewing this thread