NotificationBar (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Not sure if I understand. What I would like to do is to just show a single message one time (immediately) and then hide it after 1 or 2 seconds...

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    all notifications will be shown in min 6 seconds (you can't change that). So if you add a notification with 1 seconds TimeToLive, it will be shown 1 time for 6 seconds and then removed.

Also you can't be sure that your notification will be shown immediately. That depends on the number of notificaions existing in the list before you. The reason that notificationbar only shows 1 at a time, is to be sure not to overflood the screen.

See it as a list/array where you add your notifications. Every 6 second the notificationbar will take the next notification in the list and shows it. When reaching the end of the array, its starts over.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ok, then this won't unfortunately fit for my needs..

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Just give him custom delay and duration time :)

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Like I said, "What I would like to do is to just show a single message one time (immediately) and then hide it after 1 or 2 seconds".

For example in Rockstar "Playlist saved" or "Playlist deleted" are such messages that does not require user interaction (= I don't want to use dialog OK box where user needs to click OK). Also the message should go away quite quickly since it just tells that something succeeded.

Also we were planning something like this way back when we created SubCentral, one use case is "Subtitles downloaded" (currently it is an annoying and too big message box)

Last edited:

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Maybe GetWell could create 2 different types of notification message for these kinds of situations.
    I think that this could be done by adding a new property to notifications.
    Notification messages to be shown:
    1. Immediately no matter what
    2. Through the queue list as is now
    Or with the new property, immediate messages could be prioritized and inserted as the next notification to be shown, instead of adding to end of the queue.

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    GetWell, I was looking at your plugin, and I was wondering how I could use it with my TV Management plugin. I need to use a progress bar while files are either being moved or deleted. Can your plugin help with this?

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Seems like 0.8.3 build unsupported skin check system failing my code so I need to think how to change it. It this case notiifcationbar assembly is available but plugin is unloaded so adding notiifcation will result in exception.
    GetWell, just make StreamedMP/BlackGlass/Avalon/Frames skin files, please. I'm too lazy to rework notification code :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom