erisan500

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2004
    Oppuurs
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,

wouldn't it be nice to have in the tvguide besides the NONE, RECORD ONCE, RECORD EVERYTIME..., the option NOTIFY ME ?

That way you'll never miss your favorite program anymore.

Greetings Eric

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    YES, I haven't thought of this since the first day I started using MP. I missed it then since I didn't have a proper recording tvcard.
    But, Yes, this is a nice and great feature.

A simple osd popping up:

Notification:
    TVN - LOST - 20.30-30
    -Watch Now-
    -Record-

Please implement if possible- :D

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My Tivo did it a slightly different way which I used a lot. It let you select shows just like you are recording them, but instead of recording it changes to the channel automatically. I used to preset it to change to all the kids shows on saturday morning. That way they could watch and I didn't get interrupted every 30 minutes to change the channel :)

The problem with a notification is that if you don't happen to be looking at the TV at the time of the notification, you will miss it.

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    So it should be selectable. Either automatic switching, or a popup.

Would be great feature, as I often forget to look on the clock and then I´m missing the beginning of a show, or I miss it because I have to bring my boy to bed. Autoswitching would save me, so I could simply rewind to the beginning. ;)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It let you select shows just like you are recording them, but instead of recording it changes to the channel automatically.

This way also the Linux dboxes work. I used it often, too..

Elconejo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2005
    Belgium
    Notify me in search programs

Hi all,

In the 1.3 release there is an option in the TV-guide to notify when a program begins. This is very nice. But when you search a program in the database by selecting the first letter and then the program name, you get an overview with all the programs found in the tv-guide. Then you can select the program to record but not to Notify when it begins. It should be nice if you had this option. Do i need to post this with bugs or is it fine here?

Greets

Users who are viewing this thread