Nova-SE2 users: Is anyone able to scan Astra above 11700MHz? (1 Viewer)

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello all,

I just want to figure out whether I'm the only one having a blocking problem. I posted this earlier, but until now there were only few responses that helped me further solve the problem (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/cant_scan_and_tune_most_channels_since-t25771.html).

My problem is that since svn 15155, when scanning less than half of the channels are found. I notice that frequencies lower that 11700 are scanned, those higher aren't. So I assume this has to do with the switchover frequency LNBSW which would mean that it is a HW-related or driver related problem. With svn 15142 and older everything works well - but now I'm stuck at this version.

Question to Hauppauge NOVA-SE2 (and similar) users: Is there anybody able to scan/tune the full set of channels - especially those in the high-frequency band?

emerich

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    missing channels on nova-s

Hi all,

I think I do have the same problem with my nova card. After my last vacation I installed the newest version of the TV Engine. The installer said that he has to reconfigure the TV database. So I had to do a rescan. :mad:
    Now also half of the channels are missing.:mad:
    On the upper frequencies the scan can´t find a signal.

Any hint?

regards Christian:D

Hi,

I did some testing with only one frequence (12187000 LinearH 27500)
    I had full scale on Signal Level and also on Signal Quality but got the message "No signal" as result.:oops:

I hope I could help the Developers.

best regards Christian:D

emerich

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    had some time and tried the Hauppauge WinTV Utility and got all channels at the first scan.
    So there is no problem with the card or the driver. It looks like if Mediaportal changed some settings.

Is there a developer out there who can fix this issue?

Thanks Christian

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello emerich,

by now it seems like we are the only two reporting this problem. As a workaround I can recommend You to fall back to svn 15142 of TV server, this is IMO the latest version where the tuning is still working.

frodo and other developers: How can we supply You more information to identify the root cause of this problem?

kind regards from Germany

GregorV

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    milagroso
    could you solve the issue ?
    I have the same problem - mostly my TVServer starts in a not working mode. It needs lots of restarts until high band is working also.

emerich
    is it really gone with wdm88x_2105_23074.exe drivers ?
    I checked those as well and could not get it working.
    If it is running for you, could you tell me which releases you have running for psisdecd.dll, mpeg2data.ax, msdvbnp.ax ?

Thanks
    Gregor

alf1969

January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Gregor,

experienced the same problem. Tried various versions of TVServer as well as drivers - nothing worked.
    Today I tried the new driver form hauppauges UK website (WinTVCD 4_1_UK.exe ) - pre-released on 14.1.2008.
    Got all channels: -)

regards,
    Arnulf

GregorV

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi alf1969,

I tried without success.
    The drivers 88x_2_121_25351_WHQL.zip from UK site did not solve the problem. Then I tried WinTVCD 4_1_UK.exe but same result. It contains the same drivers from 17.12.2007.
    Did you install the software also or only the drivers (so did I) ?
    Is 17.12.2007 the driver date for your setup also ?

Thanks,
    Gregor

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just in case you use a MDAPI-filter..please remove it and try a new scan.

GregorV

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @high

tests were done without MDAPI Filters.
    Today I installed another NOVA-S Plus into my test-PC (P4) as an additional DVB-S card.
    The other card is a USB Box (Digibox) that is running since some time in that machine.
    Results:
    Digibox can always tune high band channels
    NOVA can sometimes tune those channels

If I restart TVServer several times the NOVA suddenly can tune high band also (restarts and tune check are done with TVServer-client only).

So it seems to be something related to NOVA(drivers) BUT also hanging together with TVServer, because if I stop TVService and use Transedit for crosscheck I always can scan high band channels with the NOVA.

From former tests I also know that it is related to the 22KHz signal because if I connect a SAT-Receiver in parallel to the NOVA and tune a high band channel there, then the NOVA always can tune high band channels (of course no low band, because the 22KHz signal comes from the receiver then).

If I can help to analyse that, please let me know what you need.

Thanks,
    Gregor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom