Now no live German channels, other issues. (1 Viewer)

medportg2

August 20, 2017
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi.
(I'm not in Europe)
I tried reporting in 'manage sites' but I get a popup 'update and try again' (I did and the same popup keeps appearing).
(I was able to report 'Discovery' not working)

'DasErste' videos work, but none of the live channels do (even DW that I know for sure has no geoblocking).
'MDR' causes MP2 to crash
'WDR' no live
'ZDF' isn't working at all
'DW' has videos but no live channels.

In general: many video archives work in various channels, but zero live TV streams

Thanks

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    DasErste' videos work, but none of the live channels do (even DW that I know for sure has no geoblocking).
    'MDR' causes MP2 to crash
    'WDR' no live
    'ZDF' isn't working at all
    'DW' has videos but no live channels.

In general: many video archives work in various channels, but zero live TV streams

I am located in Germany running MP1 with Online Videos and can confirm I am seeing the same as you with the following exceptions:-
    MDR does not work and errors but does not cause a crash.
    ZDF Mediathek seems to work fully (everything I tried) except for ARTE Live ("No URL" error).

All the channels have been reported as broken, some quite recently others from 2016, but do not show any fixes being applied!:(
    For me it is no big deal as I can get the Live channels OTA and the catchup stuff via my TVs Smart TV app. or via browser etc. but clearly it is rather sad that this content is availble but it is not working from OV.(n)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I also can confirm that Arte and MDR are broken. I've reported this already but without any reaction up to now. Still holiday time in Europe, I think...
    Other important and free available German sites like sportschau.de or funk.net are not supported at all. So i can agree 100% to this:
    For me it is no big deal as I can get the Live channels OTA and the catchup stuff via my TVs Smart TV app. or via browser etc. but clearly it is rather sad that this content is availble but it is not working from OV.(n)
    As online streaming is definitely the future it's very important for MP to support as many sites as possible, imho...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, seems to have been no improvement with Das Erste all live channels remain broken.:( Now ZDF seems to be completely broken, "Unable to get catagories" or words to that effect for all sections.:mad: Someone else has reported it in OV today, but is there anything else we can do? Doesn't look good compared to my smart TV which has never failed to access the internet content of these broadcasters.
    No longer holiday time in Europe unless the devs. are visiting the Munich Oktoberfest of course.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom