"Now Playing" in fanart mode (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And i'm not saying anything is happening i my logs. You just want us to provide them:)
    :D

Going to look at this later this week to see if I can leave this on and have it populating but not focusing these lists

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Yes, this is exactly what I was saying, but didn't elucidate, my apologies.

These lists only populate if you have the 'look-up tracks' section ticked in the config. If you do have it enabled, then when these lists populate they 'steal' focus. To stop this from happening I have track lookups disabled, which means these lists never populate and are redundant in the skin.

A fix would allow these look-ups to be enabled and for the lists to be populated without stealing focus.

An added feature for Now Playing would be a skin id which holds the Current Playlist and navigating to a button could show the list on skin to manipulate/navigate the playlist, I realise this is wishful thinking but as one of the most important sections in MediaPortal (i.e. it is actually dedicated to when Media is being played) then I think the NowPlaying section could receive some TLC.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, this is exactly what I was saying, but didn't elucidate, my apologies.

These lists only populate if you have the 'look-up tracks' section ticked in the config. If you do have it enabled, then when these lists populate they 'steal' focus. To stop this from happening I have track lookups disabled, which means these lists never populate and are redundant in the skin.

A fix would allow these look-ups to be enabled and for the lists to be populated without stealing focus.

Shouldn't audioscrobbler do the same?

Edit: Apparently not...

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    I've mentioned in another post that wouldn't it be better not to have a menu at all on now playing screen? To me it spoils the fanart in the background, couldn't the menu just be accessible by the hiidden menu on the left hand side like within other screens of Maya?

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wow great to read that this is already discussed and there is even a solution on the horizon :)

thanks!
    nicx...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    wow great to read that this is already discussed and there is even a solution on the horizon :)

thanks!
    nicx...

Think I can fix it but problem is that this breaks blue3wide :(

Doubt anything will make it into 1.1 but I will push to get this in

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Think I can fix it but problem is that this breaks blue3wide :(

Doubt anything will make it into 1.1 but I will push to get this in

What do you mean... breaks? The lookup is working fine in blue3wide for me as well?

Is it because you cannot move remote onto those buttons?

Blue3wise uses <defaultcontrol>33</defaultcontrol> as default control which is a control that points to nothing in the xml file..?
    Shouldn't is point to:
    <description>list of best album tracks</description>
    <id>166</id>
    ?

edit: You need to change it in all now playing xml's, then it works :) and perhaps blue3 should be changed as well.

But still i don't know where ID=33 points....?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Is it because you cannot move remote onto those buttons?
    Yep. Issue is that apparently you can only set default control to be buttons or listviews, in B3W none of these exist by default hence the dummy 33 ID. The code to focus the top tracks / similar tracks is then make you able to control these listviews if / when they appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom