"Now Playing" in fanart mode (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
On this subject here is a version of WindowsPlugins.dll that solves this problem and does not break existing skins.

It works by looking for the file SetAutoFocusOff.xml in the skin directory and if found will disable the list control autofocus.

If you try please backup your existing WindowsPlugins.dll file.

This has been built agaist the current SVN (r25894) and worls ok on RC3 installations.

I dont think this will be accepted as a patch so will not submit it, it is a little crude, really needs an option in the config screen...

Included in the zip is a patch file, the WindowsPlugins.dll and the SetAutoFocusOff.xml.....

Cheers

Attachments

• GUIMusicPlayingNow-Focus-Patch.zip
    467.9 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I dont think this will be accepted as a patch so will not submit it, it is a little crude, really needs an option in the config screen...
    Not sure it does... I created a patch and asked devs to look at but I highly doubt anything will go in for 1.1

my patch is actually less complicated then yours.... I initially just commented out the autofocus code but this broke B3W. Latest patch simply checks to see if another item already has focus. If it does then do not force forus which works with this and many of skins. Only issue is that I believe aMPed uses this autofocus "feature" to have the list slide onto screen as and when they get populated...

I am struggling to see why you would ever want a plugin to force focus to an item as that just makes skinning a nightmare and not in the skinners control. aMPed has turned this into a nice feature though :p

As above I don't think it should do it at all but perhaps controlling this via the skin itself might be a good idea

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

Maybe I have the solution for the focus problem. (At least for me)

I changed the <visible allowhiddenfocus="true"> setting to false for id 155 and 166. When setting to false, the focus will not go automaticly to the listcontrols anymore and keeps the focus on the menu.

Please find attached the updated MyMusicPlayingNow.xml based on the latest revision of 1stdead (r278).

Cheers,

Attachments

• MyMusicPlayingNow.zip
      2.9 KB

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello,

I changed the <visible allowhiddenfocus="true"> setting to false for id 155 and 166. When setting to false, the focus will not go automaticly to the listcontrols anymore and keeps the focus on the menu.

Please find attached the updated MyMusicPlayingNow.xml based on the latest revision of 1stdead (r278).

Cheers,

Sounds great. I'll try it out later:)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Can not quite figure out why but this seems to be completely screwing up my controls in now playing. Going to do some more digging now but things like alt+f4 won't let me close MP.

Going to Now Playing screen straight from home screen with nothing playing etc and most controls bar cursor do not work. If I use the original xml file all is fine.

That looks like a bug somewhere but this does not work for me :(

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    jameson_uk: Hasn't this been tagged as i bug in RC3? I would really like to see a consistent fix for this.
    I am still trying to get the team to agree this is a bug and not a feature...

Looking like there will not be a chance in for 1.1 (but that is due quite soon so hopefully we will have something sorted soon :))

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Not sure it does... I created a patch and asked devs to look at but I highly doubt anything will go in for 1.1

my patch is actually less complicated then yours.... I initially just commented out the autofocus code but this broke B3W. Latest patch simply checks to see if another item already has focus. If it does then do not force forus which works with this and many of skins. Only issue is that I believe aMPed uses this autofocus "feature" to have the list slide onto screen as and when they get populated...

I am struggling to see why you would ever want a plugin to force focus to an item as that just makes skinning a nightmare and not in the skinners control. aMPed has turned this into a nice feature though :p

As above I don't think it should do it at all but perhaps controlling this via the skin itself might be a good idea

Ah..had not seen your updated patch, this was just an idea. Personally I dont think a plugin should autofocus anything, thats what the defaultcontrol tag is for!

That said it's always been like this so skinners will and have coded to it or around it so what ever is done has to be configerable and up to the skinner to control.

will watch this with interest....

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Can not quite figure out why but this seems to be completely screwing up my controls in now playing. Going to do some more digging now but things like alt+f4 won't let me close MP.

Going to Now Playing screen straight from home screen with nothing playing etc and most controls bar cursor do not work. If I use the original xml file all is fine.

That looks like a bug somewhere but this does not work for me :(
    I notice this behavior also on my system now, but I see that the controls 28 and 29 in the r278 revision are removed and this looks like cause the stange behavior.
    I did not remove these controls in my own modified MyMusicPlayingNow and it works ok.

I did add both contols again and attach the updated MyMusicPlayingNow to my previous post.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Ah..had not seen your updated patch, this was just an idea. Personally I dont think a plugin should autofocus anything, thats what the defaultcontrol tag is for!
    Completely agree... You can't skin something properly if the plugin is just going to override you....
    The plugin has been coded to do what B3W wanted and not necessarily what is best for skinning.

That said it's always been like this so skinners will and have coded to it or around it so what ever is done has to be configerable and up to the skinner to control.
    Beginning to think this is going to be the only solution in MP1. If it was just B3W I could easily code around that like I have so that it will only auto-focus if nothing is already focused (which roughly equates to giving a skinner control) but now I know that aMPed uses this "feature" to slide the control into view when appropriate this is slightly annoying :p

Going to think about this some more as whilst I think people who use MP more for music than video are in the minority, I am one of them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom