"Now Playing" in fanart mode (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I hope this "bug" gets fixed too, trevor and I were trying to do a fanart now playing screen with a pullout side menu for streamedmp, but this bug prevented that design being implemented into streamedmp.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have confused myself something silly trying to look at this again today...

I have coded up a simple fix that would leave existing skins working as they are but when I came to test it with Maya I could not get it to show the problem... Have you done something clever in the skin to get around this?

I see that 155 is only visible if 5103 has focus but I am sure when I tried this last time that broke some navigation :confused:

So before I go mad spending hours figuring this out, have you done anything inside Maya to solve this?

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: "Now Playing" in fanart mode

yes, wie know it and in the next Version we have fixed this.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: "Now Playing" in fanart mode

yes, wie know it and in the next Version we have fixed this.

:confused: this seems to be working in latest release which is what is confusing me. The focusing is done by MP plugin so without a change to MP code I am not sure how it is fixed....

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It's not fixed in MP1.1. And we can not fixed it in skin.

Mediaportal still focus this if album/tracks are found. (I've disabled that feature for now in my setup)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    It's not fixed in MP1.1. And we can not fixed it in skin
    That is what I thought but why is it working as it should on my machine then :confused:

I am sure I am using the stock MP 1.1 dll but perhaps I have not put the right one there.... Going to reset both skin and dll just to make sure but no matter what I do now, top track and top album tracks are both being populated ok but neither are taking the focus away from other controls...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I'm sure you forgot that you were using the fixed dll...
    Just copied the 1.1 stock DLL and also checked that MyMusicPlayingNow.xml matches that in SVN 380 so all is standard (only include in skin is common.time.xml which I have never changed)

Tried a couple of different routes into now playing and no matter what I do I have the track details shown on the main (middle) panel and the current playlist button highlighted on menu panel

Still happening on the non-fanart screen though. Can not figure out why this is no longer happening on fanart now-playing :confused: Does not appear to be related to fanart-handler (as was still doing the same when disabled)

Did notice a couple of tiny bugs I will report seperately plus some very odd navigation (it is not actually possible to navigate to the similar tracks list).... I think this might actually be the cause of this behaving oddly. With my new fix in place everything works fine and Now Playing button (which is default control) stays highlighted and everything is good. using stock DLL then Current Playlist button gets highlighted (not sure how or why as default control is Now Playing button and music plugin is setting focus to top/similar track lists)

I think there is something wrong with the conditional visibility settings? and a few of the navigation controls (I can go down from Current Playlist and nothing appears to be highlighted and I need to press right to get back to menu) I am also able to select left from Now Playing / Current Playlist buttons leaving nothing selected. If I go to similar tracks button then the list appears but if I try to go left to it the label remains but the actual list disappears

I don't have time to look at this again until later but I am fairly happy that the patch is now safe and working so I will submit this. Just think that some of the navigation and conditional visibility on fanart now playing screen needs looking at

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Please try r437 before reporting :D
    updated all files to latest SVN (441) and some issues are sorted but other still remain; I will add this to the bug report thread.

Odd thing is that it still does the same thing and highlights the Current Playlist button rather than focusing on either of the lists...

This is because control 166 (top album tracks list) has visbility set to
    Code:
    <visible>Control.HasFocus(5102) | Control.HasFocus(166)</visible>
    control 155 (the similar tracks list) has visibility set to
    Code:
    <visible>Control.HasFocus(5103)</visible>
    So as soon as you move from the button to the list it stops being visible adding the condition
    Code:
    | Control.HasFocus(155)
    Solves the navigation issue

Still stumped as to how or why focus jumps to the current playlist button though :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom