Now Playing Shortcut (1 Viewer)

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a keyboard or remote shortcut to jump straight to the Now Playing screen? If not, is there a way to add one? TIA.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It should be "X" on the keyboard (same as switch between fullscreen and windowed).

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It should be "X" on the keyboard (same as switch between fullscreen and windowed).

This was a "feature" in a previous release. X (or red on remote) does switch to fullscreen but in music that is vizulisations.

It can be done through skinning (Maya does this) where are you trying to get to now playing from?

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    I use the StreamedMP skin. When I start some music, typically I like to go the Now Playing screen so I enjoy the fan art and the small visualization. I can then easily switch back and forth between the Now Playing screen and the full screen visualization using the X or red button. However, to get to the Now Playing screen can be a pain. In My Music, I have to go into its menu and go way down in the menu to select Now Playing. Things get even worse with plugins such as Pandora and RadioTime. These have no menus of their own so I must exit out, go into My Music, go to its menu, and scroll way down to get to Now Playing. Kind of a pain. I was hoping there was a shortcut that I could hit on the keyboard or program into my remote to allow me to just straight to Now Playing. Make sense?

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Well, putting a menu item (in this case, a submenu item) works. It sure isn't as good as one button on the remote, but it still is easier than what I was doing. I'm still hoping for the one button solution. Thanks all.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Now Playing Shortcut

Hi all,

I know this is a old thread, but is there a shortcut-solution meanwhile (1.1.3 or 1.2) ?

cu
    mts

Users who are viewing this thread