[OBSOLETE] MCE Replacement Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The error you're seeing is in the section of code where the configuration makes changes to the registry ... not sure why it's failing but it could be one of those wacky 64-bit related errors ... Or maybe the driver didn't install any of the registry keys that it usually does...

Either way, if you click Detect and then just click OK you should then be able to see the remote signals by loading the Debug Client and clicking connect... this will then show any signals received.

If this works then you can use MP Control Plugin (to control MediaPortal) or Translator (to control the whole pc)...

good luck,

Maverick494

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not sure which debug tool you are talking about. Is it the IR file tool? If so what do I put in carrier? if not, is it part of the server suite or do I need to download something seperate?

Ah I think you mean the mediaportal debug tool?

here is the error log from that debug run just a couple minutes ago:

error.log

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is an install option when you install IR Server Suite for a program called "Debug Client", running it will let you observe the messages that the Input Service sends to it's clients. This will show you if there is any remote input being received by the Input Service.

You might need to reinstall IR Server Suite to get this program if you didn't install it the first time.

Cheers,

Maverick494

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Ok reinstalled with the debug client. I tried a couple things, here is what I get:

Connect
    Received Message:"RegisterClient, Response, Success"
    Received Message:"ActivateReceivers, Response"
    Microsoft MCE
    Received Message:"ActiveBlasters, Response"
    Microsoft MCE
    LearnIR
    -Learning IR ...
    Received Message:"LearnIR, Response, Timeout"
    BlastIR
    Could not find file 'C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application Data\IR Server Suite\DebugClient.IR
    -Can't Blast
    (at this point I chose a couple buttons to try and send)
    Send Remote Button
    Send Remote Button
    Send Remote Button
    Shutdown
    Received Message:"ServerShutdown, Notify"
    Received Message:"Error, Notify"
    Thread was being aborted

That's it, I don't see anything else and when I push buttons nothing happens.

oh and the IR server host computer lists "localhost" dunno if that matters

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you send me the log files from the IR Server Suite start menu folder under Logs.

If you zip them up you can attach them to a post here ... though you may need 5 posts before you can add attachments ...

The Input Service seems to think it's connected to the device ... I just wonder what the device is doing ...

I feel like we might be close to a solution ... I just wish I had a 64-bit rig to do my own tests with ...

Does anyone know if you can use Virtual PC to simulate a 64-bit machine and run XP 64?

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hmm, nothing much in those logs, could you send the MicrosoftMCE_....log file ? I think it will be in the root directory of your hard disk.

It will show me what the driver is doing ...

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well hot damn! That log file looks great!

This tells me that the device is working and Input Service is receiving data from it...

So the question now is, why isn't it actually working for you?

Well, I wish I could answer that... it seems like there is a problem somewhere between the Input Service plugin and getting the word out to the rest of the software... this could be a 64-bit issue that I haven't fixed yet.

In the meantime, try updating to IR Server Suite 1.0.4.2 Preview 5, it's available in the 1.0.4.1 release thread. It might magically solve the problem all by itself, but if not then send me a fresh set of log files from it and I'll see if I can find any clues.

Is there any chance I could use VNC to log onto the computer you're trying this on so I can test it myself? I'd need you to press remote buttons when needed :) But it might help me track the problem down ?

Thanks for your patience so far, it seems like we're really close to getting this working ... I just wish I had access to a 64bit machine to do some solid testing on.

Cheers,

Maverick494

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    I can probably talk the customer into letting me take the machine to my house and plugging it into my network so that we aren't bothered by the business firewall, especially if we can get the remote working. I would guess we could just use the built in microsoft remote connection stuff?

I will try preview 5. I had been using preview 3 btw (you could probably tell that).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom