[OBSOLETE] MCE Replacement Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try preview 5 first, it might fix the remaining issues by itself. But if it doesn't then I would love to get access to the PC. Remote Desktop would be fine, except that I can't run MediaPortal over Remote Desktop. VNC would let me run MediaPortal. But I might be able to get it sorted out without needing to run MediaPortal.

Cheers,

Maverick494

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ok with preview 5 I get errors in input config. When I click detect it gives me a directX error, when I click configure it gives me an object error(see attached). Additionally now in the debug tool it tells me the server is not setup to learn or blast, and I still show nothing coming in(I have included an snip from the Microsoft MCE log file for today as well).

Attachments

• DirectX error.txt
      30.6 KB
    • Object Ref error.txt
      30.6 KB

Maverick494

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Try preview 5 first, it might fix the remaining issues by itself. But if it doesn't then I would love to get access to the PC. Remote Desktop would be fine, except that I can't run MediaPortal over Remote Desktop. VNC would let me run MediaPortal. But I might be able to get it sorted out without needing to run MediaPortal.

Cheers,

we can do VNC that is fine.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, the directX error is because of the Direct Input plugin, this will be fixed very soon.

The null reference error is because your registry doesn't have the keys I'm looking for (at least not where I expect them)... I'll add better error handling to make sure that's not an issue.

But the Mce Transceiver log still looks good.

I'll post a Preview 6 within 24 hours, it would be good if you could test that too... but if you can get me VNC access to the machine that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

finnvid

December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    and-81: First, thanks for working so hard to produce this software...just by looking at the forum I can imagine how much time you are spending on development and support...

I have Vista Home Premium running Mediaportal + TV-Server (Svn 17778) and have tried to get my MCE remote to work with the IR-server but I can only get it working for short periods of time.

As far as I can see in logs everything looks ok and I get no error messages. After reboot I can get the remote to work for a couple of minutes and then it stops.

If i restart the Input Service and Mediaportal it works again for a short time. The logs in TV-server looks ok before and after restart (although no input from the remote is logged after some time).

For me it looks like the Input Service looses contanct with the driver (I have removed the registry entries). Is it possible to make the Input Service to log more extensivly? Anyone else got this problem?

I have tried all versions (including preview 5) and get the same result on all

/finnvid

Darth Androi

Portal Member
    March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    As another XP AMD_X64 user with this problem, I would like to also offer aid in any form possible. Everything seems to be the same for me as for Maverick, including the part where I can offer my system up for VNC (with clipboard and file copy support, too!). I will throw a party in your honor if you can get this remote working properly! PM me to let me know how to get in contact. I should be available most of this week to press buttons and the like.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    finnvid:

Hmm, I'll do some testing of my own and see what I can do. I'll also add some more logging to the driver communications code.

I'll post a new preview version of IR Server Suite 1.0.4.2 (Preview 6) shortly, so try that and then provide any logs if it happens.

Thanks,

Darth Androi:

Thanks for the offer of help, I'll contact you in a private message with my email address and maybe we can set up a VNC session as well?

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Darth Androi:

I couldn't send an attachment to you gmail account (I think hotmail doesn't like gmail ... funny that).

So I've attached something for you to test here.

Maverick494:

Looking at your log file again I believe you have a different issue to the one Darth Androi has. If you can provide me some more MCE transceiver logs that would be great.

Thanks guys,

Darth Androi

Portal Member
    March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Ok, ran the debug program, posted two logs:
    First log, I got the program to display "Remote: 49670" After hitting the button several times (note, that this number changed, it was 27xx on an earlier run that i forgot to log.)

Second log, A single keypress of the same button (the Vista Orb start button)

Maverick494

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Here is a log from this morning. I appologize for not getting back to you sooner, but my weekend was shot because I am sick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom