Official XBMC Remote for Android - Hope for MP someone can port this (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    and you can buy 7" android tablets for $100USD much better and portable than any lcd display you can find on a case.

montecristo

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    and you can buy 7" android tablets for $100USD much better and portable than any lcd display you can find on a case.

that's exactly what i'm planning to do, it's affordable (at least for me) to buy a 100usd tablet to try this out.
    the only problem is we don't have the app yet for controlling mp with this tablet.

if i where a very smart programmer i start right away, but i'm too stupid

i'm gonna buy me one of those tablets in a month or 2.
    maybe by then somebody already started with some svn app.

montecristo

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tablet technology is improving rapidly, I would wait for 2nd generation of cheap tablets to appear, especially since there is no current remote applicatoin like this for MP + ANdroid anyway (unless you count iPIMP). Also current generation of cheap tablets are not capactive touch.

Non capactive touch - must use stylus or pointy object or press hard with the edge of your finger nail
    Capactive touch - can use the tips of your fingers

giladgaron

Portal Member
    October 15, 2007
    I'm willing to code the Android remote for MP, If there's anyone with experience writing MP plugins, that would be helpful.

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just tried this for the XBMC, and it is a wonderful piece of software.

Really really hope someone could port this for use with MP.

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm willing to code the Android remote for MP, If there's anyone with experience writing MP plugins, that would be helpful.

I would help if could!! (perhaps I can, atleast when it comes to testing and other stuff that doesn't involve any programming...)

Anyways, it got me thinking of this plugin: Self contained webserver

I used it some time ago, and from what I remember there was a remotecontrol part of it, perhaps that can be used in some way.....

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It's that someone as already made a simple remote control with the gpad controller.
    Have a look on this link :

gPad remote for android - gPad CATALOG

On the second or third position, there's a MP remote control.

Is someone has already test it? :confused:

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's that someone as already made a simple remote control with the gpad controller.
    Have a look on this link :

gPad remote for android - gPad CATALOG

On the second or third position, there's a MP remote control.

Is someone has already test it? :confused:

Looks good.

However it lacks the ability that I'm searching for, beeing able to choose and turn on music without turning on your TV/beamer....

I already got a great remote (DiNovo mini) to use when the TV/beamer is on.

Users who are viewing this thread