Okay, I'm stumped. XML woes. (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    patrick - I like CHli, am glad you were able to look into this much deeper and find the true problem. I appreciate it!

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Right. So does this means I have to limit the number of frames I use for MePo? I was using 12ish for the loop and another 12ish to bring him to a stop. Or, would down-rezing him a touch making the file size smaller help?

Glenn

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    Right. So does this means I have to limit the number of frames I use for MePo? I was using 12ish for the loop and another 12ish to bring him to a stop. Or, would down-rezing him a touch making the file size smaller help?

Glenn

I don't know. It could be memory based but you would think that the animation images shown would vary and not be consistent.

Also, feels like something wierd in the code only I do not see where it is.
    It is like there is a 200 "run-time" texture limit, not including packedgfx, but including fonttextures at any point in time (i.e. on any particular screen).

For example I get this in the log BEFORE any animations are loaded (note 199, 198)
    Code:
    2007-02-27 10:03:56.894183 [Info.][MPMain]: TexturePacker: fontengine add texure:199
    2007-02-27 10:03:57.555153 [Info.][MPMain]: TexturePacker: fontengine add texure:198
    And this is LATER in the log but the LAST image in the animation that IS SHOWN (note: 197)
    Code:
    2007-02-27 09:29:52.082722 [Info.][MPMain]:   texturemanager:added:C:\CVS Sourcecode\mediaportal-20060416\mediaportal\xbmc\bin\Release\skin\MePo Green Test\media\Animations\plugins\plugins0022.png total:197 mem left:249561088

Also I get several of these in the fontengine.log file:
    Code:
    ERROR FontEngine:Ran out of textures!

Work-Arounds?
    My guess is approx 185 or less images that are not in the media folder is a practical limit to allow for font textures.
    -OR-
    Not sure if this is a good or bad work-around but...
    I did not try it with all the animations but did with the my plugins.
    Changing the location of the animation images to the media folder,
    instead of media\animations\plugins, the images get put in the packedgfx
    files and then they show up in the animation ok.
    Down side is I think these stay loaded in MP until exit.

HTH,
    patrick

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Okay, I have resized the images by 50% to see if it was purely memory but no go, then I deleted half of the animated sequences leaving weather and it still plays only a few frames and them blanks out.

I'm not sure that putting all those images into the packedgfx files would be sensible though I reckon it would work. For now I'll still try to get it working the old way (God knows how).

I'll get the latest SVN and start from there.

Glenn

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    My guess is approx 185 or less images that are not in the media folder is a practical limit to allow for font textures

Ha! I have 350 images so far. perhaps culling a few will be the go. It didn't seem like too many until I counted them :)

I may play with a slower frame rate and fewer images but as an animator that would KILL ME!

It's either that or back to shorter loops.

Glenn

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    RIGHT! I have paired down the number of animated frames across the board and it all works fine. Thanks very much Patrick for your advice and input. New builds for MePo green, grey, black and wide for each are available on my MePo thread.

Glenn

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    RIGHT! I have paired down the number of animated frames across the board and it all works fine. Thanks very much Patrick for your advice and input. New builds for MePo green, grey, black and wide for each are available on my MePo thread.

Glenn

That is GREAT news! I (many of us) thank you for your tremendous artististic work on this skin!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom