Online Videos - Automatic Updates fails 'Automatic update disabled. Check your internet connection' (1 Viewer)

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Automatic Updates is failing when starting Online Videos with the message "Automatic update disabled. Check your internet connection.".

My internet connection is fine. This is happening on two different systems.

Once I push past the error, the online sites I access are working fine (e.g. Netflix).

Logs attached.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
    Rainman.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_12_09_18__17_31.zip
      3.3 MB

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey buddy, how are you?

Yeah, I saw that in the log as well and yes, I did drop the URL into my browser and the xml stuff came up just fine?

When I go back into Online Videos now, the Automatic Update doesn’t happen, presumably because it’s now been disabled. So I went into Manage Sites > Automatic Update. I get about a 20 second delay, then the message “Automatic Update disabled. Latest version () required!”.

The log shows: “Error retrieving 'http://raw.githubusercontent.com/offbyoneBB/mp-onlinevideos2/master/MPEI/update.xml' to check for latest version: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

Me think she’s broke .

Rainman.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had the same problem a while back see here, (near the bottom of the page) never did figure out what was wrong but it started working again shortly afterwards.o_O The other problem mentioned turned out to be a different issue altogether.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom