Online Videos fails after MP 1.23 upgrade. (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After upgrading from MP 1.22final to 1.23pre Online Videos no longer works. After selecting either Live or catchup streams the caching begins but the video never plays and MP is hung, see attached screenshot, Task Manager is needed to close MP, logs attached.
    Rolling back to 1.22 resolved the problem, tried twice same results both times. Also tried uninstalling/reinstalling OV and MP IPTV filter..... in MP 1.23pre but no change.
    Bit strange because OV and 1.23 is working on my desktop PC but that was a clean install of both rather than an upgrade.
    olv.jpg

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_14_07_19__05_49.zip
      306.5 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Known issue. waiting for offbyone to do the final step of the update
    Edit: at least I hope so. In the end it will be fixable but for now the dependencies needed for the current OV version unfortunately matches the MP1.23
    It is very incompatible though, hence the crashes... And I don't think it's possible to change all the existing installed OV's to be incompatible with MP 1.23...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Not many plugins have affected these changes, I think you should not raise the compatibility version. so we will break more.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am confused;
    Online Videos was not displayed as a compatible plugin for the MP 1.22 Final release in MPEM even though it appeared to work problem free. OV is displayed as a compatible plugin in MPEM for MP 1.23pre but it fails. Is that correct???:confused::confused::confused:
    Would someone please explain this and also what is the MediaInfo change and how many other plugins are likely to be affected and is there a plan to fix it before release.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Affected - MvCentral, OnlineVideos, Moving Pictures (not sure) :) may be MyFilms

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MovingPictures is affected, too ;)

Sent from my Galaxy TAB S2 via Tapatalk

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep not much plug-in but important one. So bump is there for it. To make plug-in imcompatible until the dev can adapt it [emoji4]

Is there a wiki page ready to explain what need to be done for plug-in devs?

I know that it can be a pain but we shouldn't release a version until wiki doc etc. are done.

Ofc it's a pre release, so think can be done until final version is ready.

I don't know how many plug-ins use older mediainfo code.

Another solution can be to let the old code for plug-in into MP with some warning when coding to let plug-in devs knows that this old mediainfo code is deprecated. But I'm not sure if it's doable. Because I'm not really present lately.

Thanks [emoji106]

Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom