Online Videos not storing Codecs

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by porky996t, February 11, 2018.

1. porky996t
    • Premium Supporter

porky996t MP Donator

Chartered Surveyor
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Hi Guys,

The WAF has dropped considerably on the MP setup at home, so I've set today aside to upgrade/sort out/ housekeeping duties etc on the server and clients.

We haven't used OV for a couple of years now due to a poor broadband connection. This has changed, and I've decided to upgrade the client on my workstation which I use as a test machine, prior to going around the house and sorting out the other clients.

I've been able to access the regular online services we use at home, but there is no picture produced on any of them.

BBC iPlayer - I can see the categories, and episodes of programs but get "Unable to play stream"
    ITV Player - same as above
    All 4 - doesn't even get any categories (I know All 4 was an issue sometime back, so I just presumed that nothing had changed)
    Amazon Prime - Gets the TV and Movies, even starts playing an animated screen, but then reverts back to MP
    Netflix - All set up in config, but nothing showing in the list of available services in MP?

I've been through the Online Videos logs and noticed that there is "No video renderer connected" - I checked my config settings and all the codec paths had vanished. I set them again, and same issue, they are not showing when config is opened up again.

Any assistance greatly received.

Logs attached for Online Videos.

Attached Files:

• log.rar
      File size:
      2.2 KB
      Uploaded:
      February 11, 2018
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. doskabouter
    • Premium Supporter

doskabouter Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +967 / 1
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    That's really strange that OV doesn't remember its settings.
    Based on the logs I can't find the reason why...
    Also, can you try playing just a random file from youtube? Because I'm sure that that site isn't broken

4. joecrow
    • Premium Supporter

joecrow MP Donator

Ratings:
    +1,007 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Have you installed the " Media Portal IPTV filter and url source splitter" OV won't play anything without it.
    iptv.jpg

5. porky996t
    • Premium Supporter

porky996t MP Donator

Chartered Surveyor
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    @doskabouter That's what I thought. :( I've got some other issues that mm1352000 is helping me with - I had to re-install the redistributables on my server to get MP working again, and it seems that I'm going to have to do the same on the clients as I still cannot get any TV playing, so the problem may lie elsewhere. Let me get that done and I'll report back on OV.

@joecrow Thanks Joe. Yes, it is installed. It is one of the things I checked prior to posting.

6. joecrow
    • Premium Supporter

joecrow MP Donator

Ratings:
    +1,007 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Good, FYI I can confirm that both the BBC and ITV (live and catchup content) work fine for me. Sadly to the best of my knowledge 4 has not worked at all for ages and I do not use Netflix or Amazon. Good luck with the other problem.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!