Online Videos not storing Codecs (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

The WAF has dropped considerably on the MP setup at home, so I've set today aside to upgrade/sort out/ housekeeping duties etc on the server and clients.

We haven't used OV for a couple of years now due to a poor broadband connection. This has changed, and I've decided to upgrade the client on my workstation which I use as a test machine, prior to going around the house and sorting out the other clients.

I've been able to access the regular online services we use at home, but there is no picture produced on any of them.

BBC iPlayer - I can see the categories, and episodes of programs but get "Unable to play stream"
    ITV Player - same as above
    All 4 - doesn't even get any categories (I know All 4 was an issue sometime back, so I just presumed that nothing had changed)
    Amazon Prime - Gets the TV and Movies, even starts playing an animated screen, but then reverts back to MP
    Netflix - All set up in config, but nothing showing in the list of available services in MP?

I've been through the Online Videos logs and noticed that there is "No video renderer connected" - I checked my config settings and all the codec paths had vanished. I set them again, and same issue, they are not showing when config is opened up again.

Any assistance greatly received.

Logs attached for Online Videos.

Attachments

• log.rar
      2.2 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's really strange that OV doesn't remember its settings.
    Based on the logs I can't find the reason why...
    Also, can you try playing just a random file from youtube? Because I'm sure that that site isn't broken

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you installed the " Media Portal IPTV filter and url source splitter" OV won't play anything without it.
    iptv.jpg

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    @doskabouter That's what I thought. :( I've got some other issues that mm1352000 is helping me with - I had to re-install the redistributables on my server to get MP working again, and it seems that I'm going to have to do the same on the clients as I still cannot get any TV playing, so the problem may lie elsewhere. Let me get that done and I'll report back on OV.

@joecrow Thanks Joe. Yes, it is installed. It is one of the things I checked prior to posting.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow Thanks Joe. Yes, it is installed. It is one of the things I checked prior to posting.
    Good, FYI I can confirm that both the BBC and ITV (live and catchup content) work fine for me. Sadly to the best of my knowledge 4 has not worked at all for ages and I do not use Netflix or Amazon. Good luck with the other problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom