Online Videos v0.33 (03/18/2008) - Updated 03/19 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
September 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
do you have installed the flashplayer in the Internet Explorer?

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
How do I add sites to the list? The config panel is empty. Where should I put the xml ?

Is there any kind of instruction page for this plugin? I'm using Monochrome and I just get a blank screen when I select this plugin. Just a favourite and all folders, which both tell me that there's nothing to load... the configuration doesn't seem to do anything, I can't add sites, I can't understand where should I go to watch the videos...

+1

some more documentation would be nice.. BIG problem here on MP:mad:

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
September 19, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I had the same problem installing version 0.34. No Sites visible in config. So i installed 0.33 first, do the config. all channels there. then i installed 0.34 and then the hotfix for yahoo

chrigel

Portal Member
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I have read the both threads about online videos, but it didn't help

I have the following Problem: (like others)
for example: youtube (but it's the same at all)

i can search a movie and it makes me a list of foundet movies. if i click on a movie, there comes a message:
"unable to play selected movie" (or something like that)

so, i tried to install the plugin on an other pc, there i have an other problem:

if i click on a movie, there comes a window "connecting to youtube" an then it goes away and i can choos another film.

thx 4 help

sry about my english....

chrigel

bakelsfan

July 3, 2007
I have read the both threads about online videos, but it didn't help

I have the following Problem: (like others)
for example: youtube (but it's the same at all)

i can search a movie and it makes me a list of foundet movies. if i click on a movie, there comes a message:

so, i tried to install the plugin on an other pc, there i have an other problem:

if i click on a movie, there comes a window "connecting to youtube" an then it goes away and i can choos another film.

thx 4 help

sry about my english....

chrigel

Try this

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi chrigel,

I think you have 2 different problems:

This is because mediaportals build-in-player doesn´t support flv-files. Youtube and most of the other sites uses flv-files. I already wrote how to get flv-movies running here.

Youtube changed their API a little bit, so the plugin couldn´t understand the response. Vattenmelon already did the change needed to get it back working. I put Vattenmelons change into my code (see next post).

Stepko

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Development

Hi there,

here is a new version of the onlinevideo-plugin. Now youtube should work again (thx to Vattenmelon). So, there is nothing really new in here. This is because I don´t have the time to spend much effort on this plugin the next months. If anybody wants to get the sourcecode of my version, just write a PM. I can also help a little bit, but I cannot do the whole programming.

Regards,
    Stepko

Edit: File deleted. For newer version see this post.

Hammermensch

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for the plugin.

Perhaps you schould make a new Thread where you post the newest version or change the topic of this thread and post the latest version in the first post.

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

and again a new version, this time there is something new in v.0.36:
    • Google-SDK added to project. But its not really used right now
    • Added categories to youtube. Now the plugin receives youtubes categories and makes them browsable

Last time I forgot the install instructions.

Install instructions:
    Unrar the archive, copy "OnlineVideos.dll" to <whereeverMediaportalIsInstalled>\plugins\Windows .
    Copy "OnlineVideoSites.xml" to "C:\Documents and settings\all users\ApplicationData\TeamMediaportal\Mediaportal" (WinXP) or "C:\users\all users\ApplicationData\TeamMediaportal\Mediaportal" (Vista). I don´t know if the paths are absolutly correct, because I have a german version of XP (with different paths!) and no Vista.

Regards,
    Stepko

Attachments

• OnlineVideos_0.36.rar
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom