OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Why would I need better hardware if CoreAVC works perfect for me?

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi offbyone Re cookies

I trying to get a site made here. However a simple cookie is needed to get the correct URL. The cookie its simply play=831 (831 being the video id). Now i know there is a cookie setting in online videos but my main question is can it be used with a variable eg set m1 as 831 then use play={1} or is adding this type of cookie not for the faint hearted? Any advise would be great.

John

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The generic site only supports static cookies. For the way you describe it, you'd have to add a custom siteutil (c#).

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Graphics card recommendation?

I currently would recommend LAV. It will be bundled with next version of OnlineVideos I think.
    :D, LAV seems to be also a key component of SAF, replacing ffdshow. I notice that it includes support for Nvidia HW-decoding. Will my ATI HW-decoding still work, if I install LAV?

Apologies if quoting myself is bad form ;-) I am now considering upgrading my graphics card. The wiki page seems badly outdated. Based on the LAV support for CUDA, should my next card be an Nvidia instead of an ATI? Will I need to install Nvidia's "Pure Video" decoder to take advantage of this?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should ask Codec and Hardware questions in the related section ;)
    Anyway:
    If you are using ATI on Windows7, hardware decoding of h.264 and MPEG2 is done by windows system filters. LAV should also installed but only enabled for all other codecs that are not handled by windows. If you have an Nvidia card you can simply let LAV handle all it supports as hardware acceleration will be used. No need for a pure video decoder.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    :D
    for the tip, & for posting anyway! After reading this thread in the HW section and based on your response, it looks like I will be best served by something like this.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    BUG: Download video from page 2 not working

in youtube, under new videos my subscibtions, whan i get to page 2 i can no longer as to download the video, it just telles me error getting video... Thats gotta be a bug..

Version OV 0.33 in mepo 1.2 final

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    I think the BBc are changing the way their URLs are setup I am getting increasing numbers of no URL for playback errors with newer programmes, it'll all be gone within a week or so.

Just updated to SAF6, latest Online Videos and MP 1.2.1, checked on TunerFreeMCE and this definitely seems to be an issue originating from the BBC iplayer site.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom