OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wow! I just wanted to update the plugin for Dumpert.nl and found the Generic Site Creator. That thing is awesome!! Now, it's really easy to add new websites, the posibilities are amazing!
Thanks for developing this! :D

btw, I just uploaded the new plugin of Dumpert :)

nfox

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I think the BBc are changing the way their URLs are setup I am getting increasing numbers of no URL for playback errors with newer programmes, it'll all be gone within a week or so.

Just updated to SAF6, latest Online Videos and MP 1.2.1, checked on TunerFreeMCE and this definitely seems to be an issue originating from the BBC iplayer site.

Are you still having problems? I was and was about to post about it, but everything seems to be working again now. Well, most things, including some that weren't working a couple of days ago. I have found some things that still aren't. Maybe a temporary glitch at the BBC end?

Neil

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
Hopefully, I am at work just now will check on my return home and post accordingly.

Edit:

Home now and all seems to be working OK, must have been a temporary glitch at the Beeb's end. Phew!

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    OLV has no problem playing FLVs from YouTube, even though I haven't installed Adobe flash. Is this built into OLV, or does this codec come from Win 7? Much as I hate it, I am still tempted to install Adobe flash in order to be able to play flash in browsers. What are the arguments for and against doing this?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OnlineVideos uses DirectShow Filters to play the videos. This is totally independent of the FlashPlayer browser plugin, so if you need it go ahead and install it. They coexists just fine.

Carlo

Portal Member
    November 4, 2009
    AW: OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011)

I'm trying to import the the mediathek from SR-Mediathek into online videos by using the Generic Site Creator. I managed to create the categories by regex dynamically and I can also get the list of pages where the videos are finally shown in the browser. e.g. arena am samstag (19.11.2011)

But then I'm not able to create the URL for the real video source or Playlist. Can anybody give me a hint how the video URL has to look in case of the example URL above?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Most of the time, if you look for "player","rtmp",".flv",".mp4" in the html, the url should be clear, but in this case they have hidden the url so good that I can't find it :(

Carlo

Portal Member
    November 4, 2009
    AW: OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011)

This is the generated HTML part, which displays the video on the page, at least I think it does:

Code:
    <object width="512" height="288" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="GLVideoPlayer" name="GLVideoPlayer" data="GLVideoPlayer.swf?20110716">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000">
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="sameDomain">
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true">
    <param name="flashvars" value="id=8837&amp;js_playlist=genPLv1-3.php?id=8837&amp;js_skin=conf/skin/skin_sr_demand.glsd&amp;js_policy=http://gffstream.vo.llnwd.net/o16/sr/ht/crossdomain.xml&amp;js_vPlaylist=true&amp;js_startvid=1">
    </object>

But there's no real URL in, only this "GLVideoPlayer.swf" and this "flashvars" string. Does anybody know if online videos can work with such kind of video at all?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As I said, they've hidden it well...
    I guess you have to check with a network sniffer to see where the video is coming from, and see if you can trace back that video-source to something in that html.

But I can assure you: that isn't going to be easy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom